Kokos Goldfish Forum
blackmoors

where to buy quality Goldfish in Australia

my guys ships :D

Do they have a website?
currently, he advertises all new stock on FB..

since this is a supplier's link and has nothing to do with goldfish health as well as being related to your inquiry, i assume all is well to post.

https://www.facebook.com/NewLifeAquariumPets

Thank you!!! :)

Petbarn doesn't stock quality goldfish. They're a chain pet store so you won't be finding much in terms of top quality goldfish there unfortunately. They're a great store for tropical fish, but their goldfish always look battered up unfortunately :(

City farmers is a lot better in terms of their fish quality, and they do stock some stunning goldfish :)

Other than a private breeder that lives on the other side of the river too me Petbarn is the best place for goldfish and where I am the petbarn fish (Inc goldfish) are of very good quality and have started selling rarer fish rather than just Moors comets shubies etc

One of my petbarn stores tends to have some nice fish occasionally.

But good goldfish is hard to find in any store here most of the time.

I know how you feel

I have been waiting for the fancier fish for ages and when I saw them I wen't of my head with excitement and had to get some

Sea view Aquariums on Anzac Highway stocks some gorgeous fish. :)

I used to go to Seaview quite often but last time I went I was really disappointed :( They seemed to have lost a lot of the quality in goldfish. I think they focus more on their marine tanks. I do pop in occasionally because I got one of my favourite goldfish ever from there and I've always wanted to find another like him. I've seen some really nice chocolate pompoms at P+K Pets and the lovely blue oranda I posted was at hilltop pets and aquariums.

I got my white telescope (Who was a panda when I got him) and Honey from Marine+ Aquariums, they had some really nice goldies last time I went up there.

Apart from that all my fish have come from petstock, which while i love the store can be hit or miss as far as quality

(Also not sure if we are meant to be mentioning stores like this so feel free to delete if not)

Coburg aquarium on bell street has a good variety. as too does Subscape in richmond. Amazing Amazon in glen waverley also ok.

New to this forum guys

In country victoria will be going up to Melbourne this weekend or next

Have decided to visit Coburg Aquarium and the one at Abottsford

Since this topic is on quality fish and I am new to gold fish, what exactly defines quality?

A couple of local petshops I have been to have a variety of fancies eg oranda, lionhead, ryukin and blackmoor

Most of them appear to be active, and their skin looks normal

Any advice on what I should be looking out for?

Cheers

I have seen good looking fish pop up in allfishtoyou on Facebook. I haven't purchased from them. They ship. I just dont have the heart to ship fish... i get scared fir the little guys.

My local petbarn has been suprisingley amazing. The quality in shape has been pertty good! Not quight show quallity but nice.

Oranda, bubbleeye, butterfly telescopes ranchu.

And the staff dont let you buy anything until they have asked you how big your tank is, how long its been set up for and whats in it, ph etc.

So far... i have been impressed

New Life Aquarium in Richmond has some good stock recently arrived. good mixture of goldfish also. nice and healthy. if anyone is interested.

Realized in my last post I never mentioned Elite Fish at Mt Barker south Australia. Inlove their range of fish and service. They dont have a website but have a Facebook page. I also believe they ship.

On 12/2/2013 at 5:26 PM, Helen said:

my guys ships :D

Hi Helen.  Are you able to send me details of your supplier.

am after some quality Oranda and can’t find any in Melbourne

5 hours ago, Pappyy3 said:

Hi Helen.  Are you able to send me details of your supplier.

am after some quality Oranda and can’t find any in Melbourne

I believe Helen got fish from New Life Aquarium in Melbourne

https://www.facebook.com/NewLifeAquariumAbbotsford/