Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
blackmoors

where to buy quality Goldfish in Australia

40 posts in this topic

Been looking into where I can buy good quality goldfish In Australia. Im after some different colours and breeds other than the normal ones my lfs has.

Where are you in Australia?

Fishchick aquatics stocks some nice goldfish, and will ship to all states except SA, but you'll be paying a large price (probably overprice) for her goldfish. Other than that, you might have some close to you, which is why I ask

Edited by Narny105

Well fishchick is out of the question then because im in SA......

Typical.

Any other ideas or places that deliver to SA? Or in SA?

Other than fishchick aquatics, I don't know who else ships across state, sorry. There's a few more in Qld that stocks some nice quality goldfish (also at high prices) but they only ship interstate

You can have a search for online sites in Aus that might sell some decent looking goldfish, but other than that there will be more pet stores around you that will have some nice goldfish in them. Might just be a case of going out of your area to have a look. There will definitely be someone selling quality bred goldfish in SA

I also got it wrong, Fishchick aquatics can ship to SA. She sells great bettas and I often go in to have a peak at them, but her goldfish quality compared to prices are questionable- you could always try and haggle a little!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fishchick65?feature=watch Her youtube

Other than fishchick aquatics, I don't know who else ships across state, sorry. There's a few more in Qld that stocks some nice quality goldfish (also at high prices) but they only ship interstate

You can have a search for online sites in Aus that might sell some decent looking goldfish, but other than that there will be more pet stores around you that will have some nice goldfish in them. Might just be a case of going out of your area to have a look. There will definitely be someone selling quality bred goldfish in SA

What other places are there in Queensland? I live on the Gold Coast so it'll come in handy knowing where I can get good quality goldfish

What other places are there in Queensland? I live on the Gold Coast so it'll come in handy knowing where I can get good quality goldfish

There's a few stores like Aquarama Aquariums and Atlas Aquariums (where I got my three from) that stock some very nice goldfish and other fish.

Yeah not a big choice of fish here.

Comets, shubbies, blackmoors, some orandas etc but poor quality.

Im after something different and decent quality.

May have to wait see what turns up and just breed my own.

I always trust petbarn

go look at their website at www.petbarn.com.au

Petbarn doesn't stock quality goldfish. They're a chain pet store so you won't be finding much in terms of top quality goldfish there unfortunately. They're a great store for tropical fish, but their goldfish always look battered up unfortunately :(

City farmers is a lot better in terms of their fish quality, and they do stock some stunning goldfish :)

Petbarn doesn't stock quality goldfish. They're a chain pet store so you won't be finding much in terms of top quality goldfish there unfortunately. They're a great store for tropical fish, but their goldfish always look battered up unfortunately :(

City farmers is a lot better in terms of their fish quality, and they do stock some stunning goldfish :)

Yeah City Farmers are pretty good i got my blackmoor from them and its a pretty high quality moor

I don't know if a photo will do it justice. My local city farmers has some pretty awesome oranda as well. As for my other lps :rofl

072D320E-023F-4C39-BA24-C30FAB47954D-451

Yes, you have a beautiful Moor! I love looking at city farmers. The one here sells really nice butterfly telescopes. If I ever get another goldfish I'll be having a look in store :P

I did the rounds of my lfs an pet shops was quite disgusted.

Drove an hr to the so called best of the best. And well I saw tumors, white spot, pine coning, amonia burns anf countless dead fish. And the rest were very very lethargic. Tanks waaaaay over crowded and prices waaaaaaaaaay to high.

Not to mention they looked well a bit mong.

I was pretty discusted really after I was told they had the biggest selection and best fish in Australia. .... um yeah right.

I ended up driving way outa town to a fish shop. Finally found some nice fish with helpful staff etc.

Def going there again when I can

He said he can deliver fish to me I want for $6 a box alldone with pure oxygen etc.

Hes going to keep an eye open now for some other fish that id be interested in.

Drove an hr to the so called best of the best. And well I saw tumors, white spot, pine coning, amonia burns anf countless dead fish. And the rest were very very lethargic. Tanks waaaaay over crowded and prices waaaaaaaaaay to high.

I was pretty discusted really after I was told they had the biggest selection and best fish in Australia. .... um yeah right.

I ended up driving way outa town to a fish shop. Finally found some nice fish with helpful staff etc.

He said he can deliver fish to me I want for $6 a box alldone with pure oxygen etc.

I agree, touring LFS's can be really devastating!

Can we open this one up to Australia wide? Interested to know where people get their fish / supplies in Melbourne!

Ask Helen.

Where did you go? I'm in SA too and I'm always looking for a good supplier.

All over the place.

I've found a cpl of shops that sometimes have quality goldfish but it is very rare here in aust let alone sa.

Prob is just because they had good fish once doesnt mean they always do.

Ive ended up getting 1 here 2 there another here etc etc.

Has taken quite a while to find a handful of half decent fish for me (and if they were in another country theyd prob classed as poor quality still. We just dont seem to get top or even decent quality goldfish in aust regularly. One or two here n there thats all).

I was in city farmers the other day they had some really great Goldies. I've got the girl that runs the fish section getting some panda telescope in for me when my tank has cycled. :)

I was in city farmers the other day they had some really great Goldies. I've got the girl that runs the fish section getting some panda telescope in for me when my tank has cycled. :)

I went in a few days ago and they had some really nice looking stock my end as well! Didn't know you could request breeds, so I might try the same

I went in a few days ago and they had some really nice looking stock my end as well! Didn't know you could request breeds, so I might try the same

I don't know if it's the norm, I think I've just lucked out and have someone who's a real fish fanatic running the joint so they go the extra mile.

A new City Farmers just opened up in my area of Melbourne - already they had some pretty bad finrot etc going on. If anyone is in Melbourne, there is an awesome place Helen got me on to, the most beautiful goldfish I have ever seen (aside from pics!). It doesn't have a website, so if anyone is interested, just pm me (or Helen lol).

my guys ships :D

A new City Farmers just opened up in my area of Melbourne - already they had some pretty bad finrot etc going on. If anyone is in Melbourne, there is an awesome place Helen got me on to, the most beautiful goldfish I have ever seen (aside from pics!). It doesn't have a website, so if anyone is interested, just pm me (or Helen lol).

and you're supposed to come around for a coffeeeee! :SmackBottom:

Do they have a website?

Do they have a website?

currently, he advertises all new stock on FB..

since this is a supplier's link and has nothing to do with goldfish health as well as being related to your inquiry, i assume all is well to post.

https://www.facebook.com/NewLifeAquariumPets