Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
4prettyfish

Leave me alone I've lost count

54 posts in this topic

You know, I read this yesterday and thought it was sweet and touching.. As a child our pets were all rescues. They probably always will be, the big ones at least. Such a wonderful thing you did and a strong bond you share, I'm sure.

It wasn't til I opened the picture just now that my heart melted all over the place. I appreciate the story so much more. What a face :heart

Thank you. I appreciate what you wrote. As a kid my family always took in stray dogs and cats. It's funny because I remember when I tried to take the photo of Milo, he just wanted to keep his eyes closed. He had a hard time keeping them open. Thank you for the kind words.

very touching story :heart

Thank you so much. :)

What a lucky cat and great age too. :) I can just imagine how cute he'd been when he was a kitten!

What a lucky cat and great age too. :) I can just imagine how cute he'd been when he was a kitten!

Thank you. I must admit every morning when I wake up I look for him on my bed and make sure he's still alive. I keep thinking his time has to be close to ending. He was a fireball of a kitten.

A year has gone by since my thread was made and it's another Birthday Celebration for my cat, Milo. It's hard to believe that he is still alive. He has to be 21 or 22 years old now. There are times where I feel like I should be turning back the clock on him now. He's such a good cat. If I haven't mentioned this last year he definitely is hard of hearing now. HIs Meow is also hoarse and quite. I am always surprised how he can still jump on top of my bed.

Happy Birthday Milo. :) Taylor and I love you, dear kitty.

AH, glad Milo is still around to love and be loved. :heart

Fantastic story of your kitty Milo! :D He looks like a Tabby/Lynx point of some sort. :hmm Glad he is around to see another Birthday! :wish:

I hope my kitty lives as long as Milo will, she is only 3 right now. She is sleeping on me right now and she insists I hold her in one arm like a baby as she sleeps on her back. I spoil her so I just have to do as she wishes LOL! It's hard to hold her and have to type with one hand but I don't mind until my arm starts to ach with holding her too long. :lol3

Happy Birthday to Milo and I wish him more birthdays to come :lisa:

What a handsome kitty and a heartwarming story! Our Sheba was also an off the street kitten rescue (My husband was on his way to a night shift when he saw her run out in front of a car. He ran into the street to grab her before she got hit!). She's been with us 8 years now.

AH, glad Milo is still around to love and be loved. :heart

Thank you Susanne. :) He's laying by me now sleeping. (it's almost bedtime now)

Fantastic story of your kitty Milo! :D He looks like a Tabby/Lynx point of some sort. :hmm Glad he is around to see another Birthday! :wish:

I hope my kitty lives as long as Milo will, she is only 3 right now. She is sleeping on me right now and she insists I hold her in one arm like a baby as she sleeps on her back. I spoil her so I just have to do as she wishes LOL! It's hard to hold her and have to type with one hand but I don't mind until my arm starts to ach with holding her too long. :lol3

Happy Birthday to Milo and I wish him more birthdays to come :lisa:

I'm glad you enjoyed reading how Milo came into my life. :) Your kitty is sooooo young compared to Milo. She has a bit of catching up. Just keep feeding your cat and spoiling her like what your doing now. She'll eventually catch up. hehehe We say, Thank you for the birthday wishes.

What a handsome kitty and a heartwarming story! Our Sheba was also an off the street kitten rescue (My husband was on his way to a night shift when he saw her run out in front of a car. He ran into the street to grab her before she got hit!). She's been with us 8 years now.

Thank you for your comments. :) I think you had talked about your cat somewhere here before because I had a cat named Sheba also. Kind of neat. My Sheba was a few years older than Milo. He unfortunately died many years ago. I was heart broken. What a good husband you have to save your Sheba from getting hit by a car. And eight years later,....She's still with you. :)

Aw he is beautiful! So lucky you found him all those years ago

Aww. That just makes me want to give you a big hug for your warm heart. :heart:hug

Life long friends!

Awe! How neat that members are still reading about Milo. :) Yes, he's a very L o n g life kitty friend.

Aw he is beautiful! So lucky you found him all those years ago

Thank you. :) Even though I'm in my early 50's I feel like I grew up with him. I've had him longer than what I've had my daughter.hahahahaha My daughter will be 17 at the end of the year.

Aww. That just makes me want to give you a big hug for your warm heart. :heart:hug

Thank you Shawn. I'll pretend you just gave me an internet hug. Back at you. :) I'm so glad I kept him. I really will be crushed when he passes away. I remember 16 years 9 months ago I introduced Milo to my 3 day old newborn baby. (Taylor and I spent a couple nights at the hospital when she was born.) Milo has celebrated with me during happy times and have comforted me during sad and hard times.

Edited by 4prettyfish

I wanted to give an update on my cat Milo.  He celebrated another birthday last month.  He has turned 22, 23 years old.  He's definitely hard of hearing and if I'm gone all day he sure lets me know that I was missed by his hoarse constant meowing.  He still can jump onto my bed, very carefully as he jumps up and as he gets off my bed he's careful at doing that also. He doesn't just "jump" off.   It's funny because I remember years ago Milo was such a scared cat.  Whenever I had friends over he would hide in my closet.  Not anymore.  He just stays on top of my bed and sleeps.  Nothing really phases him anymore.

Milo is pretty skinny and has a couple of bald spots on his sides.   It looks like Milo can lose his balance easily when I see him just standing still.  He continues being the best kitty ever.  I can't believe that Milo is older than my 17 year old daughter.  We continue making memories together.

I had just tried to post photo's but it didn't happen.  :(  I have the new windows 10 if that means anything. 

Edited by 4prettyfish

Happy belated Birthday Milo and many more!!!!!!

Thanks Dawn.  I just told him what you said. hehehe

Happy birthday, Milo and congratulations on providing such great care, Cheryl.

Thanks Susanne.  He's sleeping now, like usual. :)

Thanks Dawn.  I just told him what you said. hehehe

LOL!!!!! How about phone talk next weekend????

Sounds great, Dawn.  Talk with you soon.

Sounds great, Dawn.  Talk with you soon.

Ok!!!!!

What a great story! :) Milo sounds like a lovely fellow - happy birthday!

Our kitty, Pen, came from one of the shelters in LA (via a rescue group) & she's the most marvelous cat.

Woot happy bday that is awesome.... :)

Wow she is really up there! Glad she has stuck around for you!

Happy birthday Milo!!

Wow! Congratulations Milo on being such a long lived and lovely kitty!

My kitties are still babies compared to Milo. Little Demi just turned 4 and Josh will be 4 early next year. I can only hope they will be in my life for more than two decades. :)