Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ANGELMB15

My little pond

Update on my pond. Fish are getting bigger and loving it outdoors. Ignore my ghetto filter!!! P.S. it works....

20130610_183113.jpg

That's a great little pond! :heart

B-e-a-UTIFUL~ I love it! And no worries, we have our water going into our little pond/tub filtered with a SOCK, :rofl:) But it works! :D

I love it :) very nice little pond :)

The filter don't look bad either btw lol

If it was me I'd plant some plants around it though :) just a thought take it or leave it lol

Nice. Where are you located in WA state? Your lilies look great and have beautiful large leaves...did you winter them in the pond? I'm guessing you don't live close to Seattle :).

Nice pond!

Very nice! Now we need to see the fish in the pond, Angel! :rofl

Nice pond, it's very elegant! :)

That's a beautiful pond! We love home made filters around here! :)

I love your pond :) and the filter serves a purpose right ;) now about the fish pics?????

I love the pond!! :heart Your stones are great! I'd love to see your fishies too!

Beautiful! I really like it! :D So.... there are fish in there right???? :idont

Asolutely stunning!!!

A piece of Eden on Earth (very relaxing pic ;) )

Thank you for all of your comments. I will try to get some pictures up possibly tomorrow. My water is really green and hard to see the fish, but I will try to get you all some pictures!!!

It looks really nice. I don't see anything wrong with your filter. Looking forward to seeing photo's of your fish. I hope your able to get a few shots. :)

Just some ideas if you want to make the filter disappear. The first thing I would do is take off that lid, drill a lot of holes in it, and put it back on upside down. Then put plants in pots of gravel into the lid. If you have an inch or so of the gravel above the water level in the filter, most land plants will grow fine. They will not only beautify your filter, they will purify your water as well.

To hide the front of your filter, you can either build a water fall or a

. The trickle filter will greatly increase your filtration capacity. There are lots of descriptions of this type of filter on line. Boxes in a terra cotta color would fit into your landscaping very well.

Here's a waterfall I made for my first pond.

DSCF0011.jpg

It isn't hiding a filter because I still had a submersed box filter. As you can see here, I used concrete blocks as a support for the slate pieces.

DSCF0064.jpg

What you can't see is that I started by making a "U" shaped border for the waterfall base, and covered that with liner that draped into the pond. Then I built a support of cement blocks for the slate pieces. You might notice that at the bottom, I have some slate tiles. Rock is horrendously expensive in FL. I went to Home Depot, where they always have some broken natural stone tiles and asked what they would cost me. Depending on who I asked (the department head is always the most generous) they would be free or very cheap. Chip the straight edges, and they look very natural.

Currently, in my front pond I have both a trickle tower and a waterfall.

022-Copy.jpg

They aren't hiding anything. I just hate the "water running into a bathtub" noise, and these break it into a babbling brook sound. This picture is from when was just built. Now there are lots of plants in the trickle tower and on the waterfall. This waterfall is completely over the water and is supported by a pvc stool.

020-Copy.jpg

BEAUTIFUL POND!!! I love it!! What about dem' fishies, do you have pics ofthem too!! Overall I L-O-V-E it!!

Angel, I looked at all the pictures I showed and it looks like I was trying to hijack your thread. Sorry about that.

Just some ideas if you want to make the filter disappear. The first thing I would do is take off that lid, drill a lot of holes in it, and put it back on upside down. Then put plants in pots of gravel into the lid. If you have an inch or so of the gravel above the water level in the filter, most land plants will grow fine. They will not only beautify your filter, they will purify your water as well.

To hide the front of your filter, you can either build a water fall or a

. The trickle filter will greatly increase your filtration capacity. There are lots of descriptions of this type of filter on line. Boxes in a terra cotta color would fit into your landscaping very well.

Here's a waterfall I made for my first pond.

DSCF0011.jpg

It isn't hiding a filter because I still had a submersed box filter. As you can see here, I used concrete blocks as a support for the slate pieces.

DSCF0064.jpg

What you can't see is that I started by making a "U" shaped border for the waterfall base, and covered that with liner that draped into the pond. Then I built a support of cement blocks for the slate pieces. You might notice that at the bottom, I have some slate tiles. Rock is horrendously expensive in FL. I went to Home Depot, where they always have some broken natural stone tiles and asked what they would cost me. Depending on who I asked (the department head is always the most generous) they would be free or very cheap. Chip the straight edges, and they look very natural.

Currently, in my front pond I have both a trickle tower and a waterfall.

022-Copy.jpg

They aren't hiding anything. I just hate the "water running into a bathtub" noise, and these break it into a babbling brook sound. This picture is from when was just built. Now there are lots of plants in the trickle tower and on the waterfall. This waterfall is completely over the water and is supported by a pvc stool.

020-Copy.jpg

Thank you for the idea I will definitely try to put some plants in the filter.

Angel, I looked at all the pictures I showed and it looks like I was trying to hijack your thread. Sorry about that.

LOL no worries, I wasn't even thinking that.