Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
katearei

methalyne blue

If you use methalyne blue with the eggs so the bad egg fungus doesn't spread to the good eggs, how long should you keep the blue in the water after they hatch? Should you immediately do as big a water change as possible to get it out or is it ok to leave some in the water with the little fry?

There isn't really a time limit but if you bath the eggs in meth blue for 48 hrs that will reduce the chance of the fungus spreading. During that time you would be removing the bad eggs.

There are only five eggs in there at the moment two have sets of eyes and the other 3 are still amber colored. I took all the bad ones out. I had been letting the fish eat them but I did water changes today and decided to take the remainders out so they could be from different layings.

Once they hatch, you will want to have all of the meth blue removed. So maybe remove half one day and the rest the next. It has been so long since I used meth blue because I have been using HP.

Once they hatch, you will want to have all of the meth blue removed. So maybe remove half one day and the rest the next. It has been so long since I used meth blue because I have been using HP.

Whats hp?

Hydrogen peroxide

Oh gotcha ;) it does the same thing as meth blue?