Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blinky000

Guinness And Sooty Are Spawning!

last night, guinness finally gave up chasing blaze and this morning i wake up to him chasing my fave fish sooty! i left them to go to school and they were rubbing themselves in the plant which is the furthest any of them have ever got to breeding so when i get home im going directly to the tank to see if there are any eggs! :D

ive got eggs!!!! :panana

i got in the car after school and dad said 'youre pregnant again!' this has been such a great week. new tank and eggs!!!

Guest martinez14pr

all right!! that's SO cool!! lucky you! what kinds of fish?

well, its a panda oranda (my personal fave) and a fantail/telescope. the only male fancy ive got! lol. i cant wait until the little things hatch. its been so long since ive seen fry! :D the last lot i had were common fish and the eggs were HUGE compared with these ones. i could bearly see them this time!

might take a few days yet. and i dont have that many eggs. a lot of them got fungus so ive got about 7 max. :(

Guest Orandaman

Yeah! Congratulations!!!

They should hatch in about 96 hours. Make sure there are no big fish around to attack them.

yeah, i told my mum to take the plant out right away. im so happy! you know earlier on i said that most of the eggs had fungus? well, i was moving the fish into their new 70 gal tank and found another 30-40 stuck on the pump and another plant!!! and none of them have fungus!!

and and and.... i see eyes and spines!!!! its so exiting!!!!!

thats good news blinky! :lol: are we going to see some pics of your fry soon?

good luck with your babies :lol

i have a hunch some of them might hatch tonight. :D exciting!!

well, they didnt hatch last night but they are FINALLY hatching out now! the last count was 2 but that was about 1/2 an hour ago so theres probably more now. i will give you a final count in a few days and post up some pics :D