Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Moucho+Moncho

New Life Spetrum

So my LFS stopped carrying Hiraki and Pro-Gold, but I found New Life Spectrum. Have anyone used this or is currently using it? What do you think about it?

I use it for my bettas and I know some members use it for their GF. I think they have been very happy with it. :)

(Also, ProGold can't be purchased at lfs, only from goldfishconnection.com :D )

I did have this, stopped using now. The pellet imho is too hard, even after soaking the core is still hard. Hikari saki pellets go mushy even after a min or two soaking. My ranchu got a bit floaty if fed new life spectrum for more than a few days as it seemed to constipate him up. No such issues with hikari saki or repashy soilent green.

I had used it for Betta's in the past with no problems, and just recently added it to my GF diet and so far so good :)

I use it for my blackmoors as I needed a sinking pellet. All I had was floating pellets for my pond and they didnt work well for the moors.

The LFS recommended it and so far it's been good.

I also feed a shrimp pellet and algae wafer aswell as peas

I use it for my Goldfish and I think it is great!!!!!

It made my ryukin floaty, but my other fish seem to like it! I agree about it not getting soft enough, though. I think next time I would buy smaller pellets. The ones I got I think are the large, they're a little smaller than peas. I've heard great things about it though from fish owners across the species. I should actually probably post and see if anyone on the forum could use mine...it is a huge jar and I won't use it. If you find your fish like it and you use the big pellets, let me know!

I've had good results with NLS. If the 3mm Goldfish pellets are too big, you can try the 2mm Medium Fish Formula. The ingredients are the same and I feel the ratios are comparable. That's what I use for my Goldies. I also feed them Hikari Lionhead and I'm trying the new Fluval pellets, too. BTW, you can order Hikari and Pro Gold online.

both my bettas and my cichlids are on NLS. my betta actually ignored frozen brine shrimp in favour of his pellets, though he can never turn down a bloodworm. my cichlids found the 1mm Thera A pellets easier to eat than bloodworms as they have tiny mouths.

Ive got some too.. but they are a little on the big side

I have several types of NLS pellets several different sizes, and I use them in rotation with Pro-Gold and Omega One for all my fish. :)

I use the New Life Spectrum small pellets for all my fish and they gobble it up and have had no issues with it. You can also find Omega One pellets at either Petco or Petsmart. I want to say I bought mine at Petco. I feed my fish these pellets also and they like it just as much with no issues either.

I use NLS pellets for my goldfish and think they're really good! They don't make my fish too floaty.

I've heard good things about this food but I've never had the chance to try it myself. Maybe someday! :P

I use it for my bettas and I know some members use it for their GF. I think they have been very happy with it. :)

(Also, ProGold can't be purchased at lfs, only from goldfishconnection.com :D

Oh sorry I meant Repashy. :teehee