Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4prettyfish

Feeding time with plants in your tank

I drop the sinking pellets and Repashy bits in the front away from the plants and filter intakes. For the frozen stuff, like bloodworms, I use the cone feeders to keep them out of the filters and plants.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I have one of those ring thingy's and the fish don't really know what to do with it. Grant it, I've only used it a few times.

Check this out:

th_VID_20130517_183515_214.jpg

Thanks for the video. That is the coolest thing. The video ended way to short. I wasn't ready for it to stop. :( Were there tiny pin holes all throughout the sides also. I thought I saw food coming out from the side. ???? The fish were just pecking away like little birds. ha ha I should get one of those things now. I just hate to order such small purchases over the internet. I don't think I've ever seen those at big chain pet stores. I'll have to ck again. Thanks again. It was really fun and cute to watch.

Do you drop the food away from your plants like I do?

I drop my food in the very front and sides of the tank,but have recently added some shrimp that come and grab the food that gets into the nooks and crannies of my rock/plant formation.

Do you drop the food anywhere in your tank and if it goes in the plants no big deal?

I aim for the front and sides away from the plants and rocks...but some of it goes there anyway...

Do you leave your filter on or off?

I leave everything running and feed away from the filter intakes as much as possible.

Do you watch your fish eat all of their food also before you leave their tank.

Yes I enjoy watching them have their meals,more so now since I added the shrimps too and love their antics ;) lol

Thank you for your input. Your like most of us also then. lol We all try to stay away from plants and filters. :) When watching them eat it gives me time to ck to make sure they aren't acting strange/sick, see nothing unusual on skin/scales.

I have my plants and two filters at the back of the tank, so I drop the pellets in the front.

The fish usually don't even give the darn things a chance to sink, so I am holding onto them under the water for a few seconds to get them nice and saturated with water... to counteract the floating issues they get at times.

I am pretty sure they miss a few of them, but the weekly water change with my water vacuum-pump...thingy, takes care of any leftovers that have been left behind.

:)

Thanks for your input. I have a little 1/4 yellow measuring cup that I dunk in tank water and then put my pellets in for several seconds before dunking it in the tank again to feed the fish. I swear when my fish see that little yellow measuring cup they can't get to it fast enough. They know it means FOOD. ha ha

My two are just as ravenous!

Like they never saw food before...they even look at me when I'm having lunch near the tank.

...can we give them ham sandwiches? :rofl

You can give me a ham sandwich. ha ha ha

Shall I soak it so you don't get the floats?

:lol:

Do you drop the food away from your plants like I do?

I drop my food in the very front and sides of the tank,but have recently added some shrimp that come and grab the food that gets into the nooks and crannies of my rock/plant formation.

Do you drop the food anywhere in your tank and if it goes in the plants no big deal?

I aim for the front and sides away from the plants and rocks...but some of it goes there anyway...

Do you leave your filter on or off?

I leave everything running and feed away from the filter intakes as much as possible.

Do you watch your fish eat all of their food also before you leave their tank.

Yes I enjoy watching them have their meals,more so now since I added the shrimps too and love their antics ;) lol

Thank you for your input. Your like most of us also then. lol We all try to stay away from plants and filters. :) When watching them eat it gives me time to ck to make sure they aren't acting strange/sick, see nothing unusual on skin/scales.

I have my plants and two filters at the back of the tank, so I drop the pellets in the front.

The fish usually don't even give the darn things a chance to sink, so I am holding onto them under the water for a few seconds to get them nice and saturated with water... to counteract the floating issues they get at times.

I am pretty sure they miss a few of them, but the weekly water change with my water vacuum-pump...thingy, takes care of any leftovers that have been left behind.

:)

Thanks for your input. I have a little 1/4 yellow measuring cup that I dunk in tank water and then put my pellets in for several seconds before dunking it in the tank again to feed the fish. I swear when my fish see that little yellow measuring cup they can't get to it fast enough. They know it means FOOD. ha ha

My two are just as ravenous!

Like they never saw food before...they even look at me when I'm having lunch near the tank.

...can we give them ham sandwiches? :rofl

You can give me a ham sandwich. ha ha ha

Shall I soak it so you don't get the floats?

:lol:

no thank you. I think I can handle it dry. ha ha ha ha ha :)