Palligretar

HUGE Ranchu

31 posts in this topic

So this appears in my youtube recommended videos (I think they are on to my new interest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0l8NYPEp2s

I think this is a good demonstration of 2 things:

- Goldfish get big and need space. That was a 2.5 gallon tank as he points out in the description. Most people would consider this "enough" for a goldfish

- Fish don't get nearly enough credit as pets. I mean that Ranchu was super chill with him picking him up. No struggling or anything.

Just wanted to share this with you guys who may not have seen it.

Oohhh tinko :heart How i miss you so. This is a member of kokos though he hasn't been around in a while. :) Always nice to see tinko.

Tinko is always a miracle to see. So beautiful.

This is my go-to video when people tell me that goldfish don't get very big :) One of my favorites!

Rofl why am I not surprised that a fish that enormous is a kokos fish? Gosh she's beautiful! I hope my babies will get that big... I have a feeling that she's a pond fish though. Can anyone confirm my hypothesis?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Nope it's a tank fish. :)

Yup. According to the video description she lives in a 35 gallon tank. I would assume alone.

No there are two other tank mates but I believe he upgraded his tank since that video :)

Edit: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88097-mostly-istvan-pics/

This is the last thread of his I believe. :)

Edited by bodoba

Tinko is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Indeed. Really good inspiration for everyone really.

I believe Tinko has since passed on? don't quote me on that, but I remember reading/seeing that somewhere awhile back. Absolutely stunning fish though :)

Nope it's a tank fish. :)

Oh wow! How do people grow their itty bitty fishies so large!? Tinko is a monster lol.

Awww I hope tinko hasn't pass on yet :'(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

We love Tinko! One of our long time members should give him a PM, and see what he's up to!

I believe Tithra is right, he had moved and the new water caused problems with his fish he lost them sadly :(

But he sure was a big cutie :)

I believe Tithra is right, he had moved and the new water caused problems with his fish he lost them sadly :(

But he sure was a big cutie :)

Oh, that's SO sad! :(

Absolutely true story: Tinko was what got me into goldfish.

When I saw that video I immediately knew I had to have one, and I started saving my money for my first tank.

We love Tinko! One of our long time members should give him a PM, and see what he's up to!

He has since moved on to other things, also he also got married to another member from here... They met on here.. :)

He has since moved on to other things, also he also got married to another member from here... They met on here.. :)

That's so nice! :)

Yup, he's brewing something alright. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Yup, he's brewing something alright. :rofl :rofl :rofl

:bingo:

Aww fishies brought people love together :heart That makes me so happy!! Tinko helped do something amazing for her owner before her passing. What an amazing fishy!

That is the sweetest thing ever ahhhhhhhhh :clapping::wub:

lots of members here are still in contact with Daniel & HsiHou on a daily basis.. including myself.

i will let them know to stop by for an update when they get a chance. i am of the understanding that all fish that are in their care, are in a pond, buuuuut, we haven't spoken fish for a while, so things might have changed :) i will PM them this threads link & hopefully Mr or Mrs or both will stop by :)

:) Ah Tinko.

Daniel got her maybe a year or so after we met. A surprise for one of my visits out to CA while we were dating. She was a little water hippo! <3

So y'all are right. She was an indoor aquababy, and she had two other tank mates, Charlie and Ferrero. They all passed, but it seemed Tinko seemed to outlive all her tank mates. I believe her last set of tank mates were Istvan and Kiku; although they weren't really in a tank in the end. They were in a 100g rubbermaid stock tank - makeshift outdoor pond. They did well with the move to our new house, but the water quality here is horrible! :(

Tinko is now buried underneath the Cara Cara navel orange tree in our orchard. <3

No new indoor tanks as our little 650sqft house doesn't really have room for it. We do have 2 koi out back, and they are quickly outgrowing the stock tank, so we will eventually build a nice big koi pond out back. As for my large collection of tanks, they are all stored in the garage, but will be sold for the time being.

Until we have space for aquariums again, then we will start anew! :) I'm still patiently waiting for that day! I miss keeping indoor aqua babies.

thanks Hsi Hou :heart