Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arisa

Hello from Miami!

Hi, I am new here!

I grew up with goldfish... in a bowl :oops: I was 4 at the time and didn't know any better, and we did do water changes every other day. Though I am fully aware now that this is not the way to keep fish!

Since the I have done the whole tropical fish thing with tetras, danios, and guppies and such and now have an empty 10 gallon tank. All the tropical fish passed away from old age except a red eyed tetra that was at least 4 years old and not particularly nice to newcomers. Well Betty, said red eyed tetra, passed away about a month and a half ago, and in a way I am relieved because she just looked tired and worn out for the past year. The tank is in good condition as it the water, which I tested fairly recently (though I definitely will test again before I get any fish).

I am here because I have a, perhaps crazy, dream. I want to breed tosakins! I know this is something I will not be doing right this second being as I will need to get fish and raise them and have at least one pair and significantly more tank space (obviously) and perhaps some experience with other goldies that aren't so expensive.

I thought I would say hi and see if anyone had any thoughts about this dream of mine!

Also, does anyone have suggestions for my 10 gallon? I know it's definitely not big enough for goldies long term, possibly even short term...

Welcome to Kokos. :)

Breeding Tosakins sounds like a great dream!! You'll have to share the fry with all of us, though. :P

Welcome.

Welcome :)

A 10 gallon makes a nice quarantine tank. For golfish typically 20 gallons per fish is recommended with 10x turnover rate for filtration. So a 40 gallon would be great for a pair of tosakins.

Welcome! And yes we'd love your tosakin babies :D:teehee

There is so much help here and lots to learn! Good luck! :)

:hi:

Welcome! Glad you found the forum.

:hi and

:welcome

Welcome to kokos!

hello and Welcome to the Forum

Hello :) and Welcome to Koko's :)

Hello Arisa!!! :hi

Welcome to our site..... :welcome .....enjoy your time here!!!

Welcome! You have a challenging ambition in wanting to breed tosakin goldfish. They are not easy fish, but I'm sure you can succeed.

Hi Arisa, welcome! :)

welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome, I'm new to the forum as well :)

Breeding tosakins sounds awesome, I'd like to breed goldfish when I'm a lot older

:hi and welcome to Koko's! I started with a 10gal and one tiny fish, but it only lasted 2mo before I needed and upgrade.

Good luck!

Welcome...

As for your dream of breeding tosakins, hopefully get started and work towards that goal.

:welcome

You and I have the same goal ;) Breeding tosakins is a dream of mine but it is an expensive dream of mine so I may not get to it for a decade or two. I hope you learn lots and have fun on here :D

hello, and welcome to the forum, i also have dreams of bieng a goldfish breeder, i am younger then most of the people, on the site, well, 12 is kinda young i guess. and i have already have college figured out about bieng a pet breeder and potentially breeding goldfish!!... toaskins are beautiful fish!! i rarely see them, so it will be really cool to see some on kokos!!! :)

Edited by katiehuggins