Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

Repashy Green

I have repashy and I would like to know how to cook it so it doesn't make the house smell. I burned it my first time and then it's smelled the second time. I hate making it I absolutely despise the smell :rofl. Is there something I can do? And I honestly don't know if I'm making it right. I did the right parts and microwaved it but I still don't know if its right. Help appreciated :D!

I don't know that there is any way to totally avoid it stinking things up for a while.

I boil the water on the stove then add the mix. Maybe let it cool somewhere that no one will be like a basement or garage if it's not too hot or too cold out? :idont

Think of it this way--it will prepare you for changing diapers someday. :rofl

Hahaha I don't think so... I think it's just all the greens and such in it that are being cooked but I'd like to see other peoples response and advice!

Cook it outside. :rofl

There's no way to make it not smell.

I minimize the smell by letting it cool in the fridge with a paper towel covering it. It only smells for a few minutes if that, it's not so bad. :rofl

You can boil water and then mix into the Repashy outside. Cover it, let it cool a bit and then bring it inside.

The smell doesn't bother me LOL

me either! try dissecting an old poorly preserved clam and then talk to me about stink!!! :rofl

me either! try dissecting an old poorly preserved clam and then talk to me about stink!!! :rofl

Once when I was a kid I picked up a dead clam (unknowingly) and my hand smelled like dead clam for a week... pewwwwwwweeeeeee!

It doesn't bother me either. Plus, what better way to annoy people by stinking up the house?

Thanks all :). And so true narny. Lol. I will cook it outside on my deck :).

Once when I was a kid I picked up a dead clam (unknowingly) and my hand smelled like dead clam for a week... pewwwwwwweeeeeee!

Try dead snail!!!!!

I don't mind the smell but my dad hates it. I microwave it, cover it super fast and rush it outside to stir and cool.

My fish weren't too happy with the burned repashy I tried to feed them my first couple times too. Watch it in the microwave after it pasts 1 minute and when it starts boiling, stop it and it should be ready to pour and set. I left it for exactly 2 minutes and it kept burning D:

As for the smell, I fry up a couple slices of bacon afterwards... What repashy smell? :whistle

Edited by bubbles22

Another vote for not minding the smell

I boil water on the stove, and then dump in the pre measured powder. As long as you stir it really quickly, it should set just fine.

According to my dog and cat it smells awesome.

You can boil the water on the stove. And then add the powder, stir it well and it sets fast. If the smell bothers you (or your family) go outside with the container with hot water and stir in the powder outside :P