Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IvoryValentine01

Hex, The Triple Tailed "Moor"

So, here's Hex...sold to me as a "Japanese Black Moor" (is there a difference? so far I haven't really come across any whilst searching the internet)...I didn't notice this until last night but he/she (not sure...little fish) has 3 tails. Longer body than any other Black Moor I've ever had...plus has a lot of dark red & copper on body & fin tips (suspect it might change color entirely)...& of course, the strange triple tail.

RBMoor08_zpsbc29fdcc.jpg

RBMoor10_zps69175ede.jpg

RBMoor06_zps897a6311.jpg

RBMoor05_zpsc5a02c1e.jpg

RBMoor03_zps51d10795.jpg

RBMoor01_zpsf437e340.jpg

TriTailBMoor01_zps997e8c72.jpg

TriTailBMoor02_zps291e3d3e.jpg

TriTailBMoor03_zps0e90b08b.jpg

Oh, how cool is that!!!! Very nice looking fish. Congrats on the new addition. :heart

Wow! cool!

Very nice. We are thinking of adding a moor.

Wow, just wow!

:o So cute!!!

That is one sweet looking moor!!

Hopefully it will stay that great shade of black and reddishness!!

Congrats on the find!

That tail is so neat! Never seen anything like that

oh wow :thumbs:

Ive only saw one other goldfish with a true triple tail. :o that is an awesome find :)

Very cool! Never saw a triple tail before, that's really neat! Does he swim alright like that? He probably does, but I'm just curious :)

Wow!! Beautiful fish. :heart

Cool ! :)

Very cool :D

great body shape!

Very cool! Never saw a triple tail before, that's really neat! Does he swim alright like that? He probably does, but I'm just curious :)

I haven't either. You can imagine my surprise. I looked at it at the store (it was in a big planted tank with an absolutely gynormous pale orange oranda...seriously, the thing was bigger than my fist which was what actually drew me to the tank) & thought it had a really pretty tail, brought it home with me & it still took several many hours study to actually figure out that it had 3 tails. And yeah, swims awesomely...which was prolly why it took me so long to figure out the whole tail thing. Lil Hex (named so cuz after purchasing it & 2 baby clown plecos, we got back to my car to find that Hubby had somehow managed to lock the keys inside which turned into a whole ordeal) is all over the place. I'll try to get some video.

very interesting colouring and an interesting tail too!.. that orange on the underside to his black is probably what colour he will next transform into.. a few countries breed moors, however, from what i understand, there is no true blackmoor nowdays. most, if not all are now considered black telescopes.

i personally have an understanding of what the features of a proper moor should look like. the shape and face of your fish as well as the shape of the eyes do resemble closely the blackmoor. the body is a little on the long side and the tail is not a ribbon tail.

i think this fish will stay black for some time as it is velvety black, not shiny. in my experience, velvety black fish keep their colours longer. it also depends on how long the tank lights are on as to how black your fish will appear. if you have the tanks lights on a few hours in the day, then the colour will turn more to a deep chocolate colour. if you have the tank lights off a few days at a time, then the moor will turn brown, or even more towards the orange colour it shows under the black.

cute fishy just the same. and to answer your question, i do not believe there is a huge difference between Japanese or Chinese moors today.

very interesting colouring and an interesting tail too!.. that orange on the underside to his black is probably what colour he will next transform into.. a few countries breed moors, however, from what i understand, there is no true blackmoor nowdays. most, if not all are now considered black telescopes.

i personally have an understanding of what the features of a proper moor should look like. the shape and face of your fish as well as the shape of the eyes do resemble closely the blackmoor. the body is a little on the long side and the tail is not a ribbon tail.

i think this fish will stay black for some time as it is velvety black, not shiny. in my experience, velvety black fish keep their colours longer. it also depends on how long the tank lights are on as to how black your fish will appear. if you have the tanks lights on a few hours in the day, then the colour will turn more to a deep chocolate colour. if you have the tank lights off a few days at a time, then the moor will turn brown, or even more towards the orange colour it shows under the black.

cute fishy just the same. and to answer your question, i do not believe there is a huge difference between Japanese or Chinese moors today.

thanks for the info Helen. I just wasn't sure & couldn't find any real info online to tell a difference. My black Moor Pug has a really short body & has stayed black with a copperish underside his whole life...never had any kind of color change on him. I actually purchased this one for not a lot of money & thinking it would likely change due to the amount of red/orange & that's fine with me. That being said, all my tanks have their lights on from the around 9am the morning til around 10pm...so about 13 hours a day.

Edited by IvoryValentine01

oh he's so cute :) congrats on the new addition :)

What a pretty Moor and he/she does have a long body compared to my Moor at least. Love the triple tail.

Wow! Beautiful fish.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

He looks so lovely when he swims!! :wub: