Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
katiehuggins

goldfish crisps..

So, yesterday i went to my local Kahoots to pick up some new fish, ( a lionhead named sibil, and a bubble eye named Branson) Anyway i was crusing in the food isle and i saw "Goldfish Crisps" so i decided why not? so i picked it up and looked at the back of the can, supposvely produces 35% less waste? pfft yea ok, so i just wanted to try something new for the fishies... They actually like it! the next week i will have to go back and get more...

-Katie :happydance P.S now i know a food they like!

the fish: Yay this lowsy woman got more food! Feed meh! XD :tonge:

Do these sink? Or do you soak them?

they do not sink, but i soak them for about 30 sec. becuase they are so thin.

Hmm might have them on my fish :)

cool!

These crisps aren't the greatest in terms of ingredients. You want your main/first ingredients to be quality protein sources. When the first ingredients are wheat germ and corn flour, that is a red flag to me. Compare the tetra crisps ingredients to new life spectrum for example:

Crisps:

Wheat germ meal, corn flour, feeding oat meal, dehulled soybean meal, wheat gluten, fish meal, wheat flour, wheat starch, dried yeast, potato protein, algae meal, dehydrated alfalfa meal, corn starch, shrimp meal, monobasic calcium phosphate, soybean oil, corn gluten, lecithin, fish oil, yeast extract, ascorbic acid (source of vit. C), inositol, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vit. C), niacin, A-tocopherol-acetate (source of vit. E), riboflavin-5-phosphate (source of vit. B2), D-calcium pantothenate, thiamin mononitrate (source of vit. B1), pyridoxine hydrochloride (source of vit. B6), vitamin A palmitate (source of vit. A), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vit. K), biotin, folic acid, cyanocobalamin (source of vit. B12), cholecalciferol (source of vit. D3), manganese sulfate monohydrate, zinc sulfate monohydrate, ferrous sulfate monohydrate, cobalt nitrate hexahydrate.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (min.) 34.0%, Crude Fat (min.) 6.0%, Crude Fiber (max.) 2.0%, Moisture (max.) 8.0%, phosphorus (min.) 0.2%, Vitamin C 398 mg/kg.

New Life Spectrum:

Krill Meal, Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Amino Acids, Algae Meal, Soybean Meal, Fish Oil, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal Sterol (D3), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine, Biotin, DL Alpha tocopherol (E), L-Ascorbyl-2-Poliphosphate ©, Choline, Chloride Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Ethoxyquin (Preservative)

These crisps aren't the greatest in terms of ingredients. You want your main/first ingredients to be quality protein sources. When the first ingredients are wheat germ and corn flour, that is a red flag to me. Compare the tetra crisps ingredients to new life spectrum for example:

So true. The first 3-5 ingredients listed essentially comprise the bulk of the food. Since fish is the 6th ingredient here, the food is essentially fillers.

You can lace the food with all kinds of things to make it appetizing, I guess. This food does not look to be very good.

I would not recommend it.

^ yes, and this is how they make a food that 'produces 35% less waste' ... take out the good protein sources :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk