Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
goldfishfanforever

goldfish fry

I just looked at my tank with the goldfish eggs in and most of them have fungus on them but a few look fine and then I saw about 4 babies and they are tiny so how do I care for them?

I've never successfully raised fry from eggs yet but I do know that you should remove all the fungusy eggs from the tank and after their egg sacs disappear from under their bellies you'll have to start feeding them baby food

I moved the fry which I now have 9 of I think into a planted tank which is 25 litres and has a sponge filter.this tank also has an otocinclus in it

Do you have baby food for them to eat? If you don't have or can't get hikari first bites, baby brine shrimp or liquifry you can feed them hard boiled egg yolk.

I bought some frozen baby brine shrimp when should I start feeding them?

From what I've read on the site it should be about two to three days after they hatch, their egg sac will have disappeared and they should be starting to swim freely

Hi goldfishfanforever, congratulations on your new hatch.

you are in UK and can get at fish store a very good new babys food which is easy to use. here is images of two types that I use and also a hatch pan.

P1120265_zps00207e34.jpg

Edited by mikroll

Hi goldfishfanforever, congratulations on your new hatch.

you are in UK and can get at fish store a very good new babys food which is easy to use. here is images of two types that I use and also a hatch pan.

P1120265_zps00207e34.jpg

Do you think I can feed them the egg mix thing(made it before) and the frozen bbs

you can feed them almost anything if it is small enough. I no longer use hardboiled egg yolk as there are much better ways to use egg and have never had the pleasure to try frozen baby brine shrimps so can not coment but I should think that if they fine enough should work in a few days time

you can feed them almost anything if it is small enough. I no longer use hardboiled egg yolk as there are much better ways to use egg and have never had the pleasure to try frozen baby brine shrimps so can not coment but I should think that if they fine enough should work in a few days time

thanks.do I feed them when they swim around without stocking to stuff?

yes,