Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
katearei

squash?

About once a week I grate up squash and zucchini for my chickens would it be okay to feed some to the goldfish as well? I know they like greens and peas but I'm curious about squash cos its something I usually keep on hand for the chickens

I've fed puréed squash (baby food) in homemade gel food before, but never just actual squash. It would need to be pretty mushy (and messy!), I would think.

I usually grate it pretty small for the chickens so they can gobble it without a problem I could use the smallest side of the cheese grater and that would make it pretty mushy. I'll have to try it and see what happens

It sounds fine to me. At the size you're describing, the squash will lose most of its crunch and toughness. Unless your fish are quite small (fry size) they shouldn't have any trouble eating it. :)

Haha oh no they're totally not fry size the little fatties (;

Never tried squash. But I gave carrots a go... and I have learnt that there is actually something that my fish don't like :rofl