Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scrappinjaime

What is the longest period of time you have gone without

having a sick goldfish? I had a streak of bad luck and now it's been several months without any issues. I'm starting to get worried that I have one that seems to be acting a bit off. My husband thinks I am just paranoid :) thank you, Jaime

SOOOOO not saying a time frame. as I do not want to jinx myself. LOL. I do want to wish you the best of luck, though... and hope your hubby is right about this 1 thing. :heart

I think close to a year for me, though I did lose a fish in that time - no idea what happened there.

Lol, no one is going to want to say this for fear of jinxing themselves :P

I will say, the more fish you have, obviously the more chance you will have a sick one at any given time... And if I remember correctly, you have a lot of fish right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: Okay, on my computer now.... I see you have 7, not as many I was thinking but still

I am certainly always paranoid about my fish's behavior sometimes, and most of the time it ends up being nothing, or at least nothing that isn't fixed with a water change. I think it is easy to get overly worried about these fish sometimes ;) I hope everything turns out to be okay regarding the one you are worrying about!

I'm not really sure how to count this. I haven't really had sick fish in a very long time, but I have had two who died overnight on me without any previous signs. :/

Honestly I have never had any problems with any of my fish. And I know I'm lucky.

I do my best and my four (in the main tank two are about two years old) have been very healthy and happyever eince I got them. The only one I've had problems with is my recently lost, paprika, but he never even made it to the main tank....

Nobody wants to say, including me, but I have wondered about this. We have had Newton for two years. He was ill right after we got him (but after QT) with ich for a month and has not been sick since. He did have a very, very mild floating reaction to the repashy during the winter.

i don't want to even try to think about it :( it just always reminds me of biscuit when she was floating around the tank still breathing and pineconed.

I have a sick fish now so I can say this. I had 1 year from 2011 to 2012 where I had no issues. That was when I was heavily stocked too. Since then I have had mostly floating issues and two dropsy fish. One just passed but the other is still fighting.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Since my oldest fish is now 9 years old, none of them have ever had meds. I have a container of salt that is 3/4 full that I have had forever as it's only been used when I moved just over 4 years ago and used it for stress just to be safe.

~~Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk~~

When I kept tropicals I never had any problems...not once. Now floating upside down. Oh I feel so bad. I don't want to lose Flipper. :(

I've had four of my fish since last Summer (June/July) and they have not been sick at all. My fifth fish I got a couple of months ago and all is good with her also. I must say that I was adding salt to my tank when I first started keeping fish. This lasted for probably 7 or 8months. I had read something here on Koko's regarding: salt in a tank and it was recommended not to do this if your fish are all healthy. I was hesitant at first because I felt like the salt was keeping my fish healthy and stress free. But I decided to stop putting salt in my tank about 6 to 8 weeks ago. And believe me, The first couple of weeks I kept thinking I was doing something wrong and was tempted to put the salt back into my tanks. (I have two tanks now) I was watching for my fish to get sick. So far, So GREAT.

Since my oldest fish is now 9 years old, none of them have ever had meds. I have a container of salt that is 3/4 full that I have had forever as it's only been used when I moved just over 4 years ago and used it for stress just to be safe.

Congrats on having such a healthy fish. Have you had your 9 year old fish since he/she was little/young?

Congrats on having such a healthy fish. Have you had your 9 year old fish since he/she was little/young?

Thank you :)

And yes - this was her when I first brought her home - she was so very tiny!

Tiny_zps8aa9d455.jpg

This is me making an attempt to measure her (including tail) as she is so large and strong that I can barely hang on to her

db1b92c9-9ef2-480e-83cb-11ae5c4bb087_zpsc23000d2.jpg

Wow! What a wonderful, beautiful fish. Good job!

Great job, your fish is beautiful :)