Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LauraThe3xplora

UV sterilizer for 60gal

I'm thinking about getting a UV sterilizer for my new 60gal, but I have no idea what brand or size to get or how to set it up. I read this article, but the links are broken and I don't really understand how you set up the external/in-line way. Can anyone help?

I have the emperor UV from goldfishconnection. It comes with a pump. I did a review and a video of the setup here

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/100241-emperor-smart-uv-25-watt/

not sure if seeing that would help :idont

I have a 24 watt for my 125. It's the green killing machine and it was really easy to install. I didn't need anything extra. It's a little underpowered for my tank, and it seems like it's on the lower end of uv sterilizes but it does the job for now. Its been about 4 days and I see a definite improvement in clarity (i have green water) i'd say you could probably use a 24w, most of the reviews were from people with 55-75 gals. There may be a slightly smaller size in a different brand but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can chime in, but I'm happy with it. It's a little bulky and long though.

Edited by LovelyChaos

the Emperor UV's are very good (highly regarded) btw. They are a bit pricey, but it may be worth looking into :) The 25 watt one that I have would be just fine for your 60 gallon.