Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cmclien

Finally found a good balance

Thanks to the many suggestions on this site, I think I have found a happy place for my fish in regards to food. I am finally seeing lots of middle and bottom of the tank swimming during the day now which I rarely used to see. I know they are all different but here is what seems to be helping mine.

For breakfast and lunch I am feeding little bits of: carrot, green bean, lima beans, peas, zucchini, broccoli, seaweed. (Too much broccoli will make my fantail float so he doesn't get much of that). At night they all get a couple mouthfuls of saki hikari purple bag and omega one small goldfish pellets or 2 to 3 times a week blood worms instead. Once a week or so I just give them only the veggies for all three meals. My fantail will still get a little floaty here and there but all in all this is a great combination and its nice to see them in control of their swimming.

Edited by CindiL

I'm very glad you've persisted and found a solution that works for you. Sounds like a lovely varied diet :)

This is wonderful to see. I'm glad they are getting better!

Thanks to the many suggestions on this site, I think I have found a happy place for my fish in regards to food. I am finally seeing lots of middle and bottom of the tank swimming during the day now which I rarely used to see. I know they are all different but here is what seems to be helping mine.

For breakfast and lunch I am feeding little bits of: carrot, green bean, lima beans, peas, zucchini, broccoli, seaweed. (Too much broccoli will make my fantail float so he doesn't get much of that). At night they all get a couple mouthfuls of saki hikari purple bag and omega one small goldfish pellets or 2 to 3 times a week blood worms instead. Once a week or so I just give them only the veggies for all three meals. My fantail will still get a little floaty here and there but all in all this is a great combination and its nice to see them in control of their swimming.

Good to hear that you found a working balance.

My fish are starting to get there as well from a combination of one day fasting, with spinach & sinking pellets the rest of the week.

Mine too occasionally do the floating thing, but it is much better.