Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CatfishSoup

how to Treat Swim Bladder - After prolong damaged

Hey everyone. Its been a very long time since I have started a new thread, but I have been on this site for a few years, as well as other well known sites.

anyway, I have had goldfish in the past that eventually get a swim bladder issue, that cannot be resolved, and they stay upside down.. but I found this interesting.. errm, fix?

Now I hope this is in the right place, but anyway. check it out !

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4900048/upside-down-fish-gets-life-jacket.html

the owner says the goldfish seems to be fine. :D

It's a very creative and thoughtful idea, but unfortunately the surface of the fish is not meant to have something continually in contact with it, and this ruins the integrity of the slime coat. Unfortunately the best long term method for chronic swim bladder issues is commonly euthanasia :( But that beig said, I love reading stories like that. The creativity and thought for their fishy pets is extraordinary :)

Someone posted the exact same thing yesterday or the day before. I'll try and find the thread :)

Edited by Narny105