Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nicoleauryn

Another floatation device

Hey all - Anyone seen or posted this yet? Heartwarming, but I do wonder how the fish does with the "life jacket" constantly rubbing on his scales or maybe it doesn't bother him at all? My apologies of its a re-post but I haven't seen it on here yet :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313439/Disabled-fish-swim-right-way-owner-makes-LIFE-JACKET-stop-sinking-tank.html

I think all of these devices do affect the slime coat negatively. Fish weren't made to constantly be touching/rubbing on something. It's a neat thing to do, but on the long run it will not really do a lot good :(

Poor fishy! I hope that one day we can figure out a device that wont adversely effect the fish... Thanks for sharing!

I appreciate the effort and compassion people put into trying to save there pets. But ulitmately the kindest thing is to let them go.

I agree, it's often the case that the best long term solution is to just have them euthanised.

Still, it's amazing to see that people will do all they can for their little fishy friends :) They're hearts are in the right place

I choked on my coffee when I saw it. Poor little fella.

Aww, it's a very clever idea, but in the end, it doesn't really work, I don't think. :(

Thanks for sharing! :)

I think it depends how ill they are. My Googles has been a permanent sinker for nearly two years but (thank God) he doesn't need putting to sleep yet. I may have to one day but he seems pretty happy right now

Edited by Black

I think it depends how ill they are. My Googles has been a permanent sinker for nearly two years but (thank God) he doesn't need putting to sleep yet. I may have to one day but he seems pretty happy right now

I always think about you and googles, too. :) How is he?

Awww, that's nice to know :)

He's been going strong for ages now, apart from a little blip last weekend when he got a bit of a bacterial infection on his tummy when I was away. He's made a huge improvement already. It just shows though what prolonged contact with surfaces or objects can do

By the way, is it you who's adopting PSPs blue fishy creature or did I remember wrong? If so, best of luck, he/she's a beauty :)

I dunno--the fish in the article seems pretty happy to me! The little outfit doesn't seem to stress him out (it's ingenious b/c it doesn't really touch him very many places) and he looks relaxed!

I must say, out of all the DIY contraptions I've seen for swim bladders, this is probably my favorite.

Sign in to follow this  

Photo of the week.

Pic of the week poll #26