Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pawsplus

Organizing the tank cabinet--any pix?

So with my new-to-me 100 gal tank comes a tank cabinet, with 2 door openings instead of 1 (like my 55 has). I have never felt that I utlized the storage in the cabinet very well, and am wondering if anyone has ideas that have worked for them. Obviously it will have to house my canister filter, the surge supressor, the pump, etc., but there should be plenty of room for storage of all the various tank stuff that we all have lying around.

The problem is that the way these cabinets are set up, it's hard to store anything. There are no shelves--it's just a big open area. My 55 cabinet has a plastic drawer thingy in it, but it's really too big for the space and I have to remove it (and all the stuff piled up on it!) every time I need to open it.

Trying to decide if I should put some shelves in the cabinet, like on the end walls? Find drawer thingies that are a better fit?

Other ideas? Post pix if you have a good setup!

I'm all for adding shelving to it. That will be the most convenient solution :)

Is there a wall in between the two sides? I could see blocking off a section for your equipment and putting everything on shelves or in plastic baskets on the other side.

How exciting for you. You need to post pics. :) Inside my 55g I have a wooden wine rack. (it was laying around my place unused so I thought outside the box) I know it sounds weird but it works really good for me. I have a couple plastic containers that fit inside the shelves that I use for the smaller items such as food, rubber bands, toothbrush, baby bottle those two are used to clean filter parts. Then I have a big plastic round laundry basket for my big items such as siphon/hose, brushes nets, ect. Then off to the side is my salt and prime. It all works great for me.

Under my medal stand I have a plastic three draws set.... I just took the wheels off it it to fit it under it :teehee

Here is mine bucket for my waterchanger and net and scrub brushes i try to keep it seprate shelving i got at walmart comes in all kinds of sizes and i drilled holes in the back of the shelf to put the air thing in the top shelf ( geesh i just cant remember what that air thing is called lol i must be getting old lol)3A00325F-8484-41B5-BAE9-0A265BDDE643-19195-000015FD59C01655_zpse3536c1d.jpg

I have several of the plastic drawer-thingees under my big tank.........I have 4 of them and they each have 3 drawers. They have REALLY neatened up under there!! You can get them at Walmart & Home Depot.

Here is mine bucket for my waterchanger and net and scrub brushes i try to keep it seprate shelving i got at walmart comes in all kinds of sizes and i drilled holes in the back of the shelf to put the air thing in the top shelf ( geesh i just cant remember what that air thing is called lol i must be getting old

Can you tell me what size tank/base that is? Or if you can link me? I'm getting a new tank (hopefully in the next couple of months) and I like the size of that stand (that's a 5gal bucket right?). Thanks in advance!

You guys POST PIX OK? Jessijaxx's looks great but the way mine is made (like most of them) there is a support that the doors close over (so there is a piece of wood blocking the ability to open drawers front to back, and there is a bottom horizontal piece of wood too--resulting fact is that drawer thingies have to be placed sideways, meaning that there has to be free space next to them for the drawer to open (ergo: waste of space). I'm pretty sure that the new one is made like the one I have--I'll get pix of mine tonight if the above doesn't make sense.

That looks great! I think I'm going to have a problem b/c of the way these stands are made. I'll get pix posted and maybe others w/ similar will have ideas. It might help if I put the drawer things up on risers to at least get above the bottom lip.

I also thought about those wire corner shelves they sell at Target and the like. Those could go in the corners to hold things.

I need to figure out a better place to put my python. Right now it's in the way no matter where it is (usually stuffed up into my "stuff" closet, where it's hard to get and and blocks my access to other stuff (have to remove it every time I need what's under it!)).

Koko...you & I think alike often!! I find that pretty neat!

I LOVE my plastic drawer-thingees! Under my tank is SO MUCH neater now!!!!!

As for my Python (I have a 50 footer!) I drain it as well as possible then roll it up & prop it up between the 29 gallon tank & the couch. It is more or less unseen there.

Koko...you & I think alike often!! I find that pretty neat!

I LOVE my plastic drawer-thingees! Under my tank is SO MUCH neater now!!!!!

As for my Python (I have a 50 footer!) I drain it as well as possible then roll it up & prop it up between the 29 gallon tank & the couch. It is more or less unseen there.

Mine is rolled up and hanging behind the Washer machine... :)

Great minds think alike :thumbs:

My main problem is Jonah, the permakitten from hell. He thinks that pythons are toys, and generally cat teeth in the python cause it to no longer work. ;)

Here's what I did...

002.jpg

Pawsplus: I'd get a big canvas bag & roll the Python up & store it there. Then Spray the canvas big lightly with vinegar & water....that should discourage the cat.....then refreshen it now & then.

Turns out that my new cabinet is so big that there will be room for the python under there! I'll post pix once it's in the house and all done, but I've been adding hooks and a spice rack (for bottles), and I think it's gonna be awesome! :)