Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  

How much duckweed can I safely feed my two goldfish? I bought a scoop of it today as I know that my fish like to eat it but instead I put it a good sized, fish-less container which it will hopefully grow in :) So I will get pretty much a constant supply, how much can I feed them?

I think you can just scoop some in and be fine. You might want to wait until it starts to grow before you feed them--just to make sure that you have enough to start growing. I found that a lot of my initial plants died, but the few that remained reproduced well.

I second letting your duckweed establish a little more before feeding it. Also, make sure it receives ample light (artificial or natural), and ensure it receives adequate nutrients - either by way of fish waste or liquid fertilisers. :)

Feed them as much as you can without depleting your supply. Duckweed is probably the most complete single food you can give your fishies. With adequate light and fertilization, duckweed can double in a day, but I haven't been able to achieve that growth rate.

wow! cool stuff.

What do you keep it in?

I just keep it in a plastic container on top of the hood, will post pics soon :)

I will try and get some "fish made fertilizer" at next water change