Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamieMonster

Show me your tanks! (bare bottomed)

Everyone has such beautiful bare bottom tanks. I loved seeing all of them. And I liked seeing your fish also. So many pretty ones. :)

Does everyone with a bare bottom tank paint the base black?

?? Are you talking about the trim that is around the tank it self? cause most tanks come with a black trim these days .. :)

No I mean the actual outside base of the tank

And I want to try bare bottom but I don't want the white foam underneath the tank to show threw.

my other goldfish tank has a thin layer of fine gravel and afew large white stones

Do you mean the bottom (glass) of the tank and you don't want to see through the bottom underneath the tank? The bottom will look like a mirror and you won't see through underneath it . . . :idont

Im confused...

I have a piece of foam under my tank too... I believe it is for protecting the bottom of the tank? :idont

These tanks are so wonderful. My tank has foam under it too. The tank came with the foam so I have always used it.

Here it is mostly setup lol

Adding more plants though

Once I can find some more large plants (the large red and black oranda likes uprooting small plants)

B9376D92-7BA5-4CC5-9821-E63A636FC3BE-224-0000001D4585CC3F.jpg

4BFD7D99-BF85-444F-B563-D9289B6EB7B8-430-0000004989C15546.jpg

Oh and I did endup painting the base of the tank black :)

The foam is to help distribute the weight of the tank and prevent the tank cracking

Edited by Jellyballoo

Your goldfish are huge and gorgeous. How big are they?

The largest is the red and black oranda he's 4.5 inches in body and just over 6.5 inches with his tail

The black oranda is 3.5 inches in body and just under 6.5 with his tail

The black ranchu is 3 inches in body and just under 4.5 with her tail

And the little red and black oranda is 1.5 inches in body and 3 inches with her tail

Lol I just measured them today, trying to keep track :)

They're gorgeous! And so is the tank! Are these the ones from fishchick aquatics?

The largest is the red and black oranda he's 4.5 inches in body and just over 6.5 inches with his tail

The black oranda is 3.5 inches in body and just under 6.5 with his tail

The black ranchu is 3 inches in body and just under 4.5 with her tail

And the little red and black oranda is 1.5 inches in body and 3 inches with her tail

Lol I just measured them today, trying to keep track :)

Wow! They are big. But then again they look like they should be even bigger because I have a tri color oranda and she is 5 to 5 1/4 inches total. I also have an orange oranda that is close to 5 inches total. Yours is about 1 1/2 bigger. I am looking forward to mine getting that big. :) I really do love your fish. They are absolutely Gorgeous.

Beautiful tank and fish!

Thanks guys :D

They're gorgeous! And so is the tank! Are these the ones from fishchick aquatics?

The two red and black orandas and the black TVR are from fishchick, the black oranda is from Aquarama :)

Gorgeous tank!!! :) :) :) Two of your fish look like they've jumped, though. :o:rofl

Gorgeous tank!!! :) :) :) Two of your fish look like they've jumped, though. :o:rofl

They love chilling on the hood :lol

Beautiful setup :) and fish :)

Are you not concerned about the tank being larger than the stand?I think that would keep me up at night ;) lol

The top of the stand is slightly bigger then the tank, its pretty well reinforced and has been used for afew years so I'm not too worried :)