Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BaOncy

Hello everyone

I am new to this website. I looked through youtube for how to care for goldfish videos and they led me to here. I recently adopted two goldfish and being new to the hobby I am looking to learn more on keeping goldfish. I've been browsing around for the last couple of days and this looks to be the place to do just that. I have a fantail whose previous owner kept in a 1.5 gallon bowl for about a year and a very small black moor I got from petco. You guys seem very excited about photos so I shall post some to introduce my goldfish.

VguhpPe.jpg?1

Joe. Not a great pic, but this is literally what he looks like in every picture.

1bzyMlF.jpg?1

Tammy. She's well stunted as you can see. Looking better each day in the 29 gallon I have got both of them in right now though.

-Thank you all for looking.

Hello and welcome!

Your fish look great, and I don't think either of them are stunted. Given the extra space and good care, they will get big in no time! :)

Welcome!!!

Koko's is the best place for increasing your goldfish knowledge XD

Gorgeous fishies! They're grow in no time~

Hi and Welcome, I love the names of your fish. :) You have very pretty fish and that's a beautiful photo shot of Tammy. Seeing you know us already about how we like to see photo's of your fish you should have known we would have liked to see the aquarium also. please. :)

Naturally. I kept discus prior to goldfish and this is what the tank looked like before I took out the driftwood and redecorated to make it more goldfish friendly. I had everything customized by my grandfather's friends. They're the ones who got me into the fish hobby in the first place.

xDoDNQE.jpg?1

Thank you all for the kind words about Tammy. Still, I do worry about her growth. Her past owner informed me of the fact that he kept her with a herd of 10 other guppies in that 1.5 gallon. Are you guys positive? I've been told she looks quite the oddball. Adorable, regardless!

0Jgn74S.jpg?2

s8hiZAB.jpg?1

She's adorable!!! And I'm glad you put pics up!! :welcome

:hi welcome to kokos , and I think she could still grow just fine, it just depends its like a box of chocolates ya never know what your are going to get

Ah, I see. That is great. I don't mind if she stays on the smaller side. My only fear is that she won't live as long. I have begun to grow attached to them already. I find it amazing how much personality goldfish have compared to other fish. Anyhow, loads of thanks already everyone. You have all made me feel very welcomed.

I don't see the "signs of stunting" on Tammy, normally stunted fish have excessively long thin fins and eyes (diameter) that are too big in proportion to their body (not tele eyes like a moore).

She may just be a smaller fish, just like people goldfish have genetic variation as well. I think only time will tell if she is really stunted or not.

*Welcome to kokos!! :)

Edited by ahardeay

Hello and welcome to Koko's!

Photos in your very first post - well done! :D

Hi and welcome to Kokos! I see that you have 2 lovely fish!

Hello :) and Welcome to Koko's :)

Lovely goldfish and tank you have :)

Welcome. You have pretty Goldfish.

:hi

:welcome your fish are so pretty :heart

Tammy is such a cutie, I love her orange markings! Welcome!

welcome! :hi

Hi there!!! :hi

Welcome to the site.... :welcome

Nice fish BTW!!!

:hi

Welcome. You have adorable fish and a beautiful tank.

:gfish:

Edited by Fluffy

Awww Tammy is so darling! What a great new home they have. Welcome to Koko's!