Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sweetpea92

Is this an egg?

dsc0502ou.jpg

eggeo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello all! I found this egg in my tank today, it's got eyes and its wriggling around. Is it a goldfish egg? Or is it a mosquito larva? haha I saw some more last water change and but they were cloudy. I am skeptical that they are goldfish eggs because I thought my fish were way too small.

It sure looks like an egg with eyes and a backbone. :o

Congratz! You got a goldie egg!

It sure looks like an egg with eyes and a backbone. :o

Cool! I hope so, I have noticed a little bit of chasing going on recently but thought nothing of it.

This is a picture of my two goldies

dsc0508d.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I suspect cow (top one) is a girl and frida (bottom one) is a boy, but would love to know if I'm right or wrong.

If you can post brighter photos of them. Does on have white bumps in the leading fins or gill covers?

Looks like an egg to me as well. You can see the polar body in there. How cool :)

Congrats on the baby egg. I can't tell the difference from a boy or a girl goldfish. Everyone here helped me with the same situation a few weeks ago. They will probably want a good clear photo of both of your fish. Front and sides. EDIT: We must have been typing at the same time and you beat me on the photo's greentea. :)

Edited by 4prettyfish

If you can post brighter photos of them. Does on have white bumps in the leading fins or gill covers?

Looks like an egg to me as well. You can see the polar body in there. How cool :)

dsc0485pe.jpg

dsc0484af.jpg

goldies.jpg

Thanks, Frida, the one with more red has some slight bumps on his/her fins but none on the gills

Congrats on the baby egg. I can't tell the difference from a boy or a girl goldfish. Everyone here helped me with the same situation a few weeks ago. They will probably want a good clear photo of both of your fish. Front and sides. EDIT: We must have been typing at the same time and you beat me on the photo's greentea. :)

Thanks :D Will try to get some more photos later, not sure if the ones I posted will be helpful..

Thanks :D Will try to get some more photos later, not sure if the ones I posted will be helpful..

Well I can't see any breeding stars there, too far away and theyre moving :) But I'm confident in my guess that the male is the slimmer of the two. The girls get really big and round with eggs.

Lovely pair..

Well I can't see any breeding stars there, too far away and theyre moving :) But I'm confident in my guess that the male is the slimmer of the two. The girls get really big and round with eggs.

Lovely pair..

Thanks a bunch, guess I have some reading up to do about raising goldfish.. :) Will take some more pictures and report back when he hatches.

Baby hatched!

babyfish.jpg

Isn't it the cutest thing?! :heart

I'm so excited! Hopefully I can keep him alive :)

I am so happy for you! Raising fry is a lot of work although with one it will be easier :) Barring any major deformities, you can do it! Fang raised a beautiful ranchu, just one and it did great. It is a lot of work with many fry, but has brought a lot of happiness to me. I hope it will do the same for you.

If you ever have any questions feel free to ask me. Remember to treat for flukes weekly stating at 14 days. I was a little lax about it an just lost a few, but those who didn't treat until they started killing fry lose 35-90% depending on how bad. That's my only piece of unsolicited advice. Again, congrats! Read up on all the great articles here, that's what I did to learn, as well as asking a lot of questions.

Edited by GreenTea

Awesome may i ash how big your fish are? just wondering lol

I want to see this little guy grow :)

I'm so excited! Hopefully I can keep him alive :)

You can do it! You have the support of the forum behind you and all its combined knowledge and mistakes.

Hooray for babies!! Good luck!

I am so happy for you! Raising fry is a lot of work although with one it will be easier :) Barring any major deformities, you can do it! Fang raised a beautiful ranchu, just one and it did great. It is a lot of work with many fry, but has brought a lot of happiness to me. I hope it will do the same for you.

If you ever have any questions feel free to ask me. Remember to treat for flukes weekly stating at 14 days. I was a little lax about it an just lost a few, but those who didn't treat until they started killing fry lose 35-90% depending on how bad. That's my only piece of unsolicited advice. Again, congrats! Read up on all the great articles here, that's what I did to learn, as well as asking a lot of questions.

Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it! no doubt I will have some questions :) If my little guy is still around I will def prazi him, I just finished treating my goldies so have heaps of tabs left. He is still kicking today which is awesome.

Awesome may i ash how big your fish are? just wondering lol

I want to see this little guy grow :)

About 3.5 inches head to end of tail although that it a fairly rough measure.. They're too wiggly. :)

Hooray for babies!! Good luck!

Yippee! Thanks, I'll need it.. :)

It's an egg my female gold fish laid some eggs and they look just like that

how adorable!! :)

Good luck for your fry !!

Congrats and much good luck with the little fella :)

Good luck! :) I am breeding ranchu and if you have questions feel free to ask me as well. Green Tea already gave you some great advice, make sure to get some prazi and start looking into food for the little one. It will need to eat day 2-3 depending on how fast it absorbs its yolk sac and is swimming around.

Good luck! :) I am breeding ranchu and if you have questions feel free to ask me as well. Green Tea already gave you some great advice, make sure to get some prazi and start looking into food for the little one. It will need to eat day 2-3 depending on how fast it absorbs its yolk sac and is swimming around.

Thanks everyone! You are all so nice :)

I just wanted to say that he is swimming around and has gotten a bit bigger. Will post pics soon! I am feeding egg yolk until I can get my hands on something better.

Congrats on being a fishy grandma! LOL! :heart: