Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GreenTea

Baby Butterflies

Aww, I love them both! Congrats! :)

Your new little fish are so adorable. I really love the white one. Then I see how pretty the red/white one is and I like that the most. :) I love them both. :)

Wow! They are adorable and going to be stunners when they grow up! Congrats!

Thanks for the nice words. Is your avatar your fish? What a beauty!

Yes! Than you!! He is my new butterfly from DO :)

Wow! They are adorable and going to be stunners when they grow up! Congrats!

Thanks for the nice words. Is your avatar your fish? What a beauty!

Yes! Than you!! He is my new butterfly from DO :)

He is awesome!

Aww, I love them both! Congrats! :)

Thanks Jenny and prettyfish.

They are the cutest!

Oh my gosh they are GORGEOUS!!!!! I have no idea how I missed this thread until now! So tiny, but incredible already..... can't wait to see them as they grow!

Adorable little guys!! :D I have two little ones too and one has a derpy mouth! It look like a pirate all pushed off to the side! I love him anyways!

Oooohhh my, I want that White Tele!!! ;)

Absolutely lovely, stunning and gorgeous :)

They are gorgeous and so cute :wub:

Do you have any ranchu babies? :D.

And stunning! Beautiful telescopes!

Edited by mikeydude319

Now you have me wanting a white butterfly lol , evil temptress :lol

Adorable little guys!! :D I have two little ones too and one has a derpy mouth! It look like a pirate all pushed off to the side! I love him anyways!

That's really cute about the pirate mouth :3

Thanks guys. I love them both. So little and they swim funny still being so small.

Yes I have around 65 ranchu babies left and 3 oranda babies.

Thanks guys. I love them both. So little and they swim funny still being so small.

What color are the ranchu babies?

What color are the ranchu babies?

They are still too young to tell but the parents are black and white mom and lavender dad.

I am sooo jealous! I've never really wanted a butterfly before (or really even any telescope), but now that they are all I want when I can add fish, I realized I have NEVER seen one in any of the fish stores close by! :(

Keep looking hon :) I am a frequent visitor of all 3 independent stores nearby. Some stores can order certain things for you too! This is the first time in over a year I've lived here that I have see any of this quality in any size. They were all pretty nice. A few has fused caudals or eyes too big, but they all had vibrant color. There were even blacks and calicos.

I really think the breeder accidentally slipped the white one in there for me. It is of exceptional quality for such a little thing. $4.50 well spent!

So keep looking and ask around. There are actually several goldfish breeders in NJ and NY.

$4.50?!! Wow! I know they are tiny little things but that is a steal :)

I think I will ask around.. I do love the family-owned store that I normally go to (a little less so since joining Koko's and finding out how misinformed they've left me!) and was thinking of asking if they could order something special for me, or to somehow track down a breeder. I wasn't aware there were any in NJ!

I'll keep looking, it's worth a drive here and there if I can find another quality store to check out. Fish Day is approaching (at least I hope!), and I think that I've settled on two small fish - butterfly, oranda and ryukin are the top contenders, so any mix of those. I really do have my heart on a little butterfly though :heart

What stores are near you? I like tropiquarium in wannamassa. Very big store with a huge selection of goldfish breeds, but all fish should be QT'd--my Pumpkin had an anchor worm.

GT, your babies are such cutie pies.

What stores are near you? I like tropiquarium in wannamassa. Very big store with a huge selection of goldfish breeds, but all fish should be QT'd--my Pumpkin had an anchor worm.

Ha! Tropiquarium in Ocean is where we get ours! :rofl

Our last two were from there (actually most of them, I won't admit how many :ignore ), I wish I had QTd all of them because they really do have nice ones from time to time - even found panda orandas which I'd never seen in real life until then!

There is another one really close to it that I have yet to check out.. It looks sketchy from the outside but I should just take a look, you never know. Any other places you could recommend?

Ha! Tropiquarium in Ocean is where we get ours! :rofl

Our last two were from there (actually most of them, I won't admit how many :ignore ), I wish I had QTd all of them because they really do have nice ones from time to time - even found panda orandas which I'd never seen in real life until then!

There is another one really close to it that I have yet to check out.. It looks sketchy from the outside but I should just take a look, you never know. Any other places you could recommend?

Gotta ask PSP for her haunts. There's only one other non-smart/co that I can think of off hand, and they're really not big into goldfish. Lots of coral/saltwater, and some of the tropical fish, but not a big selection for GF