Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Cappeh

Not a tank question, but... (jelly id?)

13 posts in this topic

So a friend of my mom's recently went to Costa Rica and sent me a bunch of photos of marine life to id for her. I got all but one of them, and I'm totally stuck on this last one. Do any of you guys know what this is? I'm assuming it's some kind of jelly, but I'm not really sure. Any help and/or other resources would be very welcome. (:

IMG_0436_zps005687af.jpg

Is that in the sand? It looks like some sort of fish was washed up onto shore and buried in the sand part way, because that doesn't look much like jelly to me, looks more like fish scales.

I was thinking a clump of eggs and milt but you never know there are some mysterious creatures out there :)

Edited by bodoba

I have no idea what that is, but it looks really cool.

We used to walk the beach, and look for the jellies that washed up. Sometimes they'd be really colorful, and it was one of my favorite things. My friend and I would sneak out at night with flashlights, but I was too scared to go barefoot because of all the little crabs. LOL! Don't want my toesies to get a pinch!!

We used to walk the beach, and look for the jellies that washed up. Sometimes they'd be really colorful, and it was one of my favorite things. My friend and I would sneak out at night with flashlights, but I was too scared to go barefoot because of all the little crabs. LOL! Don't want my toesies to get a pinch!!

I too am too young to have my little piggies cut off by crabs :rofl

I know, right? He used to nag me so much about my sneakers, until one crawled across his foot. I never heard about it again, after that! :rofl2

Mmmmmm Hmmmmmm I like my piggies right where they are, attached to my feet.

The feet took a trip to Crabland :yikes

(Or on your plate)

(Or on your plate)

(and in the water *coughcough*)

(Or on your plate)

:aint:

(Or on your plate)

:aint:

You guys seriously crack me up! :rofl :rofl

i seriously thought it was bubble wrap :(