Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
jfg5018

Does this seriously frighten anyone else?

31 posts in this topic

I think it's beautiful!

Stupid owner for stuffing the poor fish in such a small tank, ALONG WITH TWO GOLDFISH. :no:

That pleco's way too big for that tank...

Isn't that pleco huge!?!?! The sad little goldies look terrified!

Not really huge at all. I had one over a foot long. Trying to catch him was like one of those sports fishermen shows wrangling with a bass or something.

Wow! I thought it looked big! But I have never had plecos in any of my tank!

Wow! I thought it looked big! But I have never had plecos in any of my tank!

He was soooo cool! He'd flip on his back so I could drop food in his mouth. I had him in a 55g and he could barely turn around. I had to rehome him to a bigger tank.

Not really huge at all. I had one over a foot long. Trying to catch him was like one of those sports fishermen shows wrangling with a bass or something.

I so know what you are talking about. I had to use two hands to hold onto my friends pleco as we were relocating him to a pond.

The goldies alone in that tank would be happy though since it looks clean enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Edited by ashlee18

Good Grief!!! That Pleco needs to be rehomed to a pond!!! (I'll stick with my little Bristlenose Plecos!)

:yikes MORE PLECOS! :( :( :( *runs off and hides under sheets* As Jeana said, I think I'll stick with my little albino cories and bristle babies. The goldies look really terrified because of that monster in there :yikes

Not at all scary! I want to put him in my fish tank. I love plecos. :heart He needs a bigger tank, though.

Those goldies have a good reason to look scared, and stay away. Common plecs can be a little rough with goldfish, and are known to attack them. :o

:rofl

I can't believe how big they get! We had the little algae eaters because my father was afraid of how big the plecos could get. They;re beautiful looking fish though

Awwww look at that cuddly monster! :wub:

I always worry about where fish being sold as a packaged deal with their tank will end up. I can't imagine many people buying a tank would want other people's fish, as I'm sure they're buying the tank because they have their own plans for it.

Awwww look at that cuddly monster! :wub:

I always worry about where fish being sold as a packaged deal with their tank will end up. I can't imagine many people buying a tank would want other people's fish, as I'm sure they're buying the tank because they have their own plans for it.

I know right!?! I've seen a few tanks I've been interested in, but wth am I supposed to do with umpteen cichlids??? They act like it's a bonus or something.

Edited by Smegy Psiren

ewww i hate plecos! those little goldies look petrified bless them, my brother in law is OBSESSED with plecos he has about 6 in a 6ft tank they freak me out, they look like a prehistoric creature

No heater? i always thought plecos were tropical!!!!

The 55 gallon tank I have was the home of my dad's pleco until it passed. We had it for at least 8 years. It was huge! It was totally tame and would eat flakes from my dads hand.

ewww i hate plecos! those little goldies look petrified bless them, my brother in law is OBSESSED with plecos he has about 6 in a 6ft tank they freak me out, they look like a prehistoric creature

I definitely agree! I can't believe some of the horror stories some people have on here about plecos attacking their goldies!

Please take a look at the second photo on this craigslist ad posting and tell me if this seems frightening to you too!

http://washingtondc....3679813780.html

I almost thought maybe it was Photoshopped or something! Look at how scared those little goldies look!

Is this currently advertised on Craigslist? The image of the Pleco is six years old (24/3/2007). They're probably all deceased by now.... :angel:

Pleco's are very hardy too....I once had a heater/thermostat jam, and the tank almost boiled overnight. All the tropicals were cooked...the Pleco survived!!!

They don't need to be frightened as long as it's daylight. or the light is on anyway.....it's under cover of darkness he could get slime hungry and naughty!!! :scared

Edited by Phillyn17

I think one that big could do more than just suck the slimecoat off a goldfish. Yikes!

I think one that big could do more than just suck the slimecoat off a goldfish. Yikes!

Yeah!! Probably consider the slime coat is a type of gravy or savoury coating, as he gobbles the whole fish in on go!! :feedme

That's exactly what I was thinking! The pleco could almost completely devour the goldfish! haha

Whoah, that pleco is huge :o

Seen a pond grown one once over three feet long.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Seen a pond grown one once over three feet long.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Now that's huge. That little thing in that pic is just a baby.