Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel E.

Getting Ready to upgrade my tank. What do you all think?

They seem to be doing great much more active again and what ever that was that i saw inside their mouth looks to be gone. idk what they were.

Ok so i put the fish in. Hope it was not too soon. I also put the two Shubunkins in the tank. Not sure if that was a good idea now. They are chasing the two Ryukins right now lol. Hoping that they settle down soon. Also they will move outside to the pond when summer gets here.

http://s1325.photobu...57008c.mp4.html

Edited by Daniel E.

They look good! They are so bitty and cute in the large tank!

Looks great! I love your lily idea! Great tank! :clapping:

Flipper

got 3 more plants so far. well i got 4 but one did not look good when i got it out so im taking it back to see if a can get a replacement. anywy here they are.

20130403205517_zpsd4c4e222.jpg20130403205530_zps95e781b7.jpg

He had to be in the pic lol

so for my plan that means only 9 more to go lol.

very nice!

I can't tell from your photos how the anubias are planted, but make sure you don't bury the rhizome of the anubias (the thick stem that runs horizontal that the roots come off of), this will cause the plant to rot and die :(

The big one is not just the roots :) the little ones did not really have much of one at all though tried to keep as much of it as passable above too :) it is one i knew lol "one" ;)

but in thinking 5 more anubias-some dif types, two amazon swords, and two Alternanthera.

i might get something else later for a small ground cover in places but i have a small slection near me. ive also thought about getting a floting plant of some type lol.

The big one is not just the roots :) the little ones did not really have much of one at all though tried to keep as much of it as passable above too :) it is one i knew lol "one" ;)

but in thinking 5 more anubias-some dif types, two amazon swords, and two Alternanthera.

i might get something else later for a small ground cover in places but i have a small slection near me. ive also thought about getting a floting plant of some type lol.

Gotcha, I hate it when they don't have an established root system. Just keep an eye on them. If they start to go south you may need to tie them to a rock or float them for awhile until the root system establishes enough for you to plant them.

amazon swords would look great :) Some frazeri's would be nice too for background plants http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/ANUBIAS-FRAZERI-Tall-Anubias-Specie-Frazeri01.htm

Gotcha, I hate it when they don't have an established root system. Just keep an eye on them. If they start to go south you may need to tie them to a rock or float them for awhile until the root system establishes enough for you to plant them.

amazon swords would look great :) Some frazeri's would be nice too for background plants http://www.shop.plan...e-Frazeri01.htm

Yeah they are nice i have a big one of those with my chiclids :)