Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel E.

Getting Ready to upgrade my tank. What do you all think?

I got a Aquaclear 110 today for my tank petsmart only had one though :/ so I’m either going to order one off amazon which is really cheaper if I do the free shipping option but will take forever to get here or i can wait on petsmart to get in one. they said they might get one Friday though.

I also ordered a Tetra Whisper 150 Air Pump. That should be good to do whatever I want to do with it lol.

Also got 2 shubunkin goldfish for my pond when it gets warmer :)

I have this airpump on my 40b. It's FABULOUS!! :)

me too ;) it's great

That's really funny! Our tank equipment really matches! :rofl

(That means she won't notice when I switch my rotten, plant eating fish, for her better behaved pair...)

I got a Aquaclear 110 today for my tank petsmart only had one though :/ so I’m either going to order one off amazon which is really cheaper if I do the free shipping option but will take forever to get here or i can wait on petsmart to get in one. they said they might get one Friday though.

I also ordered a Tetra Whisper 150 Air Pump. That should be good to do whatever I want to do with it lol.

me too ;) it's great

(That means she won't notice when I switch my rotten, plant eating fish, for her better behaved pair...)

:rofl I will notice when my tank becomes a war zone!

me too ;) it's great

:rofl I will notice when my tank becomes a war zone!

:tomuch:

Lol well im glad i made a good choice there. Do you think it can run two 21" bubble wands? im looking at the aqueon 21" with LED blue.

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Absolutely!! I can inflate a car tire with my air pump. LOL!

Should probably invest in a regulater or two then i guess lol

Sounds like you ordered everything that you will need and that your air pump is going to work great. It's also great that your lfs is going to get in another aqua clear 110 filter. You'll get the sale price still unless you ordered it on Amazon. Your tank is going to look great once you get it all set up. Your new fish are lovely. Love their colors. Congrats on everything. It's always exciting purchasing the right stuff for a new tank. Looking forward to seeing the completed work with your Goldie's in it.

Sounds like you ordered everything that you will need and that your air pump is going to work great. It's also great that your lfs is going to get in another aqua clear 110 filter. You'll get the sale price still unless you ordered it on Amazon. Your tank is going to look great once you get it all set up. Your new fish are lovely. Love their colors. Congrats on everything. It's always exciting purchasing the right stuff for a new tank. Looking forward to seeing the completed work with your Goldie's in it.

Thanks i think they will like it :) i know i will lol. I'll post pics as soon as it is done.

Thanks i think they will like it :) i know i will lol. I'll post pics as soon as it is done.

ha ha My thinking is that I like my aquariums more then the fish do probably. ha ha Looking forward to your photo's then. How fun.

Well i got the tank cleaned and filled today hopefuly going to have it set up tomorrow and running. Ill tank pics than and put on here :) has a long ways to go but its getting closer lol.

:) Can't wait to see! :)

Tank update.

its not done by far but this is it so far.

20130331205438_zps3bbf6675.jpg20130331205233_zps989fc33d.jpg

I was going to get darker gravel but this was $3 for the whole thing so thought I’d try it out lol. Not sure that I like it though... still thinking about it.

Oh I decided that I am going to pot all of my plants. The big thing in the middle will hold my lily and some other plants. Thinking I will do two on the back wall about half way to each side, and 3 or 4 on each side. Still looking at plants to get though I’m thinking onion plant the lily, dwarf grass, anubias, and maybe a sward or two. What do you all think?

I like the light gravel :) I can't wait to see how you plant it!

I like it, Daniel!

Also got 2 shubunkin goldfish for my pond when it gets warmer

Just to say the shipping on Amazon is very good.. It only took a week to ship me an Aquaclear 50 from the US to the UK.. I-Parcel were fantastic!

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

Nice Daniel, is it actually wood. I would really like to find a tank that doesn't look like a science experiment and yours is lovely.

Flipsy, are you using a transformer or did you find an Aquaclear that goes both ways?

Nice Daniel, is it actually wood. I would really like to find a tank that doesn't look like a science experiment and yours is lovely.

Flipsy, are you using a transformer or did you find an Aquaclear that goes both ways?

The base is real wood (yellow pine). The top rim of the tank is just made to look like the same type of wood, and thanks :)

I like the light gravel :) I can't wait to see how you plant it!

Thank you.

Im waiting untill i plant it and add the fish to see how i feel about it then.

Hopeing to pick up some plants today at petsmart on my way back from the college.

Used a pump motor from a Uk fluval edge which is the same motor pump as the aquaclears but running at 240v

Ok day two of the new tank. Done some more work to it. Still need to get some new plants.

Oh and guys at what point can i add my fish? Do i need to wait another day?

20130401135140_zpsbda9347e.jpg20130401135156_zps1d47412d.jpg

Are your filters cycled or are you adding their current one onto this tank? If you're moving them and teh filter, move them already!! :rofl

Looks great. I love that plant/vase. :D Your fish will looooove it!

Are your filters cycled or are you adding their current one onto this tank? If you're moving them and teh filter, move them already!! :rofl

Looks great. I love that plant/vase. :D Your fish will looooove it!

I was going to add the media from the others and put it in the new filter. Planty of room for it lol

Well, watcha waiting for?! Dooooo eeeettttt!! :rofl

My only problem is that i have been medicating them. Although they do seem to be doing better and the meds are finished for what it said to do.

Oh, that's right. How are they doing?