Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel E.

Getting Ready to upgrade my tank. What do you all think?

I'd get the Tetra Whisper 100. It has 2 outlets and I've got that one on my 40! :o

I don't think it'd be too much for a 75 at all. If you don't want to run 2 outlets you can rig it up to go into one (that's how I have mine) and even put an airflow regulator on it if you need it. :D

Edit: Alex, stop stealing my thunder! :rofl

Edited by fantailfan1

I'd get the Tetra Whisper 100. It has 2 outlets and I've got that one on my 40!

I don't think it'd be too much for a 75 at all. If you don't want to run 2 outlets you can rig it up to go into one (that's how I have mine) and even put an airflow regulator on it if you need it.

Edit: Alex, stop stealing my thunder!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

That is all.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:tomuch:

And once again I can blame it on me being on my iPad as I'm on my laptop . . . jsut a slower thinker! :rofl

OK everyone, so next week I will finely be setting up my larger tank if everything goes to plan.

The tank and equipment owned:

It’s a 75gal tank (48"Lx18"Wx23"H)

48 inch double T5 lighting system

Air pump rated up to 40 gal, and tubing

A thermometer

Substrate, rock and plants. (black sand and a dark plant substrate mix-substrate)

Water test kit

Going to get this weekend:

Aquaclear 110 HOB filter (just one for now well get another shortly or one similar)

Aqueon Flex LED Aquarium Bubble Wand, 21-Inch, White LED (thinking if possibly getting another at another time and either another air pump or a larger one that can handle both)

The setup

Ok so this is what I was thinking. I’d put the plants, sand, rocks and some of the filter media I have in my small tank to the larger(hopefully giving my cycle a jumpstart) then I’ll let it sit for a few days to let it get its balance. Then ill add my two small goldfish and also move the old filters over to the large tank. This way the tank will have the aquaclear 110 and the 10-15 and 20 gal filters on it (sorry I do not have the boxes and do not remember the gph for those filters).

So that’s the idea. I was wondering if my thought pattern behind that was ok and just looking for ideas on how to make it look good and be safe for my fish :)

I am thinking of adding 2 maybe (undecided) 3 more gold fish at a later date. Either more ryukins, fantales, vailtales, telescope eye, or Orandas, maybe a combination (but I like for fish to be in at least pairs of the same type lol)

When I am finished i will post pics for everyone to see :)

Your fish are going to love their new huge space. Your going from a 15g to a 75g.? How exciting for you and your fish. I don't know if your aware of this or not but Petsmart has a sale on the Fluval Aqua Clears 110 until April 1st. Here in my area they are reg. $89.99 and on sale now for $67.47. If you have extra $$$ you might want to pick up two now. I did for my two tanks but the store only had one of them on stock so they offered to order the 2nd for me. I went back the other day and picked it up. I'm wondering if your air pump rated 40 is strong enough for a 75g tank. Will that give you enough pressure for your wand? You might need to go bigger then a 40. Your bubbles on your wand might not be that strong. Or not even have any. If I'm wrong on this, maybe someone can correct me. Worse case, You can always bring back/exchange any of your purchases :)

Ok I thought the one I had might be good for the one but I can get a bigger one. What size do you think od need?

Sorry I'm on my phone and did not see the updated post untill I posted that lol. Thanks everyone :)

Go big. Bigger is better. You want to make sure you have lots of pressure. And if you get a double or more one the pressure will be less on the 2nd. At least it is with mine. Like others said, You can get a regulator to let you be in charge of how much pressure you want your wand to have. But you know what? On my second tank that I just purchased last week I didn't buy a regulator. I was trying to save a few dollars because I had to buy "everything else". I used a tie thingy from a loaf of bread. Take your cable and fold a piece to kink it and twist tie it up however tight or loose you want to make the water pressure. (I only saved me $3.00. But $3.00 is still $3.00. And I can't see what I did anyway. It's hidden.) :)

If the air pump says up to 100g I might be tempted to go up to the next size. This way you will know (hopefully) you'll have enough pressure.

I got a Aquaclear 110 today for my tank petsmart only had one though :/ so I’m either going to order one off amazon which is really cheaper if I do the free shipping option but will take forever to get here or i can wait on petsmart to get in one. they said they might get one Friday though.

I also ordered a Tetra Whisper 150 Air Pump. That should be good to do whatever I want to do with it lol.

Also got 2 shubunkin goldfish for my pond when it gets warmer :)

:nana Sounds good. Now where are the pics of the new fish?! :rofl

:nana Sounds good. Now where are the pics of the new fish?! :rofl

sorry forgot to post one. lol here it is.

2a1196a9-d404-41f9-b6ae-d5bc068f7e7f_zps4167ffb6.jpg

Fang, u jelly?

Can we have MOAR shubunkins!!!??? :rofl

Very nice. Thanks for the pics. :D

Fang, u jelly?

What? lol

Fang, u jelly?

What? lol

Fang has a thing for Shubunkins. :D Jelly = jealous

OMG now I'm interpreting for the interpreter. :rofl

Fang, u jelly?

What? lol

Fang has a thing for Shubunkins. :D Jelly = jealous

OMG now I'm interpreting for the interpreter. :rofl

Oh ok lol now i got it lol :D

This is a quick sketch that i did on my PC for how i want to do my new tank when i get it all set-up.

Tank3_zps39f67faa.png

Edited by Daniel E.

I like it.

I like it!

I would like mine to look like that too. Do you want to give it a practice run on my tank?! :rofl

Awesome! It's all perfectly balanced, I love that.

Mine looks EXACTLY like.....well...except with Dragons & driftwood and alot of other crap!! :peeka

Thank you everyone I hope it turns out well, but right now i just hope my fish get well so i can put them in it. Iv'e grew quite attached to them already. lol

I got a Aquaclear 110 today for my tank petsmart only had one though :/ so I’m either going to order one off amazon which is really cheaper if I do the free shipping option but will take forever to get here or i can wait on petsmart to get in one. they said they might get one Friday though.

I also ordered a Tetra Whisper 150 Air Pump. That should be good to do whatever I want to do with it lol.

I have this airpump on my 40b. It's FABULOUS!! :)

I have this airpump on my 40b. It's FABULOUS!! :)

me too ;) it's great