Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bubblegoose

Worst Thing Happened!

I was hanging out with a friend last night, and she was sitting next to my aquarium. At one point she said to me that she had fed my fish....my first thought was, "oh no, she probably over fed them" (thinking there may be a couple dozen flakes floating around). But oh my God!!! There were hundreds! No exageration! I freaked out, but tried to remain calm (as I didn't was my friend to feel too bad). Anyways, I used my vacuum hose to suck out all the flakes I could see. Though I could tell the little guys were spending the whole night finding all the tiny pieces they could left in the gravel. Anyways, I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should do other then starve them. The water looks alright, and they seem to be feeling alright. How long should they go without food? And should I feed them anything specific afterwards? Thanks for the advice.

PS. I'll now be keeping the food away from the aquarium.....

I think you did good. I did that once I though I had the sprinkle part open when I had the hole part and OOPS a whole bunches came out. did a water change and didnt feed them for a day. :)

:lol1:rofl

I'm laughing at myself ..... the things that have been dumped into my tank by my daughter....cookies, milk, cat food....LOL

Kristin

:lol: That's the very reason I have a fish room and no one is allowed to go into it without me accompanying them.Astra is the only person allowed in there alone.The reason why I dont allow anyone else is because then everyone wants to feed the fish and may drop or spill things in the pond/tubs/tanks that arent meant for fish etc...I had to start telling astra she couldnt go in there without putting her hair up because her hair sheds and she would stand over the pond and I would find her hair here and there in the filter when I had to replace or clean the filter... :blink:

Boy, Fu, you are wicked! One of these nights she is going to shave you bald! :lol1

How about your cat's hair? That is my bug-a-boo. The pre-filter gets that just fine. I am not going to restrict Daryl or shave him! And his hair is on me, in the air, and on every surface for at least a mile in any direction!

Perhaps you need clean room status. Would Astra look cute in a bunny suit?

:lol::lol:

My cats arent allowed anywhere near or in my fish room and they have quite short hair so they when they do shed its not very much.I've never found cat hair anywhere in my fishroom.I also brush them out daily to try to reduce shedding. :lol:

My fish room is very special to me and so are my goldfish.My fish room is where I relax,wherie I meditate and also where I come to peace with the world.My goldfish are more special to me than my cats.

Yes :blink: Clean room status must have ...clean room...room room clean clean I tell you...clean ! :blink:

Yes astra would look very cute in a bunny suit lol She looks darling in anything.Sssssh daryl the bunny suit was a secret.You werent supposed to tell. :rofl

You realize that once she reaches total bunny suit encasement, you will not be able to tell her apart from all the other cute girls that occupy your fish room!

The customers at my daughter's business INSISTED that she be the one in their advertising video, but once she was completely encased in her total bunny suit, all they could see were her eyes, anyway! :rofl

Silly people.

When I was breeding cavies, I used to make everyone wipe with bleach clothes and wear shoe covers, too. So I do understand.

:D

:o There are other cute girls in my fish room?Where are they I should like to meet them....yes meeting is very good. :lol:

Aren't cavies those large large rodents from near new guinea?

Guest phishix

actually, i have a funny story concerning foreign things that get dumped in my tank...

my sister brought her two kids over for a visit and the youngest (only a little over 2 years) really loves my fish. so in a moment when no one was around she took an entire bottle of face cream and poured it into my tank! her reasoning was that mommy uses face cream to keep her face soft and she thought the fish would appreicate some of the same treatment! when i went to check on my neice there she was looking at my tank - which was a solid colour of white! the only reason i could see my poor fish was that he was right up against the glass in the corner... so we (my sister, her husband and myself )- had to do an emergency tank clean. fortunately, the fish seemed none the worst from his ordeal and vitamin E face cream bath!

:D

~k.

lol the things that kids do !!! thats funny and glad yur fish made it out ok ! :rofl