Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fluffy

Another pea question here

OK. This is a newbie question so forgive me if answer is obvious and I just don't see it. :)

I don't know how to feed peas. :(

Whale and Bijou are to small to eat even blanched, shelled peas. By the time I get done shelling and smashing it looks like baby food. Can I just feed baby food?

:fishtank

Half a Pea and chop into four

I just pour boiling water over frozen peas, deshell them and mush with my fingers while dropping them in the tank.

For little fish, I microwave the peas in a 1/2 cup container for a minute (or until they are mushy soft). Then squish a pea between my fingers and feed the mush. If you can cut the pea, it is too hard for the little guys. You can keep the cooked peas in the fridge for several days.

Half a Pea and chop into four

I do this, too. :)

For little fish, I microwave the peas in a 1/2 cup container for a minute (or until they are mushy soft). Then squish a pea between my fingers and feed the mush. If you can cut the pea, it is too hard for the little guys. You can keep the cooked peas in the fridge for several days.

This is what I did when my fish were smaller. Now I do the above method still but just drop the whole deshelled pea in the tank. My fish will pick at them if the pea doesn't fit into their mouth. Do make sure you always deshell the peas before feeding them to your fish.

I tried to feed peas just like wwhat u guys did

but non of my fancy even touch it..

Im sticking back to pellets..

Mixture of floating and sinking pellets

I would prefers sinking..

but it does stir-up the gravels

Did I prepared e peas wrongly?

I tried to feed peas just like wwhat u guys did

but non of my fancy even touch it..

Im sticking back to pellets..

Mixture of floating and sinking pellets

I would prefers sinking..

but it does stir-up the gravels

Did I prepared e peas wrongly?

Keep trying, if this is the first time your fish have been fed peas, they may not realise it's food. Just remember to remove any uneaten peas from your tank. ;)

I don't quite understand what you mean by pellets stirring up your gravel. Your fish will forage through any substrate you have whether they've been fed sinking or floating pellets -- sinking pellets are obviously better as they prevent excessive gulping.

When i first starte feeding peas, my fish didnt eat it and didnt know it was there. Now they do. Just wait and watch.