Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I-Goldfish

Repashy making water cloudy

Hey , so basically I have been feeding repashy soilent green for a while now and recently it has started to make my water super clouded. I knw it's the food because I didn't feed for 2 days and it cleared up , why is this ?

I feed mine repashy by the mega ton, and it's never clouded the water. I don't know, that's so odd. I wish you the best of luck figuring out what did it though.

How wet do you make your batches and what do you store them in?

Its them chewing and nipping the cubes apart. Mine does the same. Its only temp and clears up fast. I make same batch and share them with Goldfish and Malawi, therefore its not the batch. Malawi is clear. Goldfish is cloudy. Alex suggested to me to cut them into bite sizes. It works. I dump in tiny bits for them to swallow rather than tearing apart a big cube.

I feed mine repashy by the mega ton, and it's never clouded the water. I don't know, that's so odd. I wish you the best of luck figuring out what did it though.

Yeah , it's probably something I do wrong :P

How wet do you make your batches and what do you store them in?

I just follow the recipe maybe a bit former than the recipe says (1:3 ratio )

I store it in a airtight container in the fridge !

Its them chewing and nipping the cubes apart. Mine does the same. Its only temp and clears up fast. I make same batch and share them with Goldfish and Malawi, therefore its not the batch. Malawi is clear. Goldfish is cloudy. Alex suggested to me to cut them into bite sizes. It works. I dump in tiny bits for them to swallow rather than tearing apart a big cube.

I see that it is them biting it but it doesn't clear up quickly , sometime I cut them into bite sizes but they still chomp and spit bits out . It's just strange how its suddenly started happening ! Also on other people's videos I see it go 'shiny' mine never goes like that or really jelly either so I'm not sure if I'm making it the right consistency even though I follow instructions!

Do you put them in to store still warm? I find that it steams them and you get a little water in the bottom of the container. When they feel all slippery from steaming in the container is when I got the cloudiness.

Let it stand for half hour to an hour after making it up before putting it fridge

Do you put them in to store still warm? I find that it steams them and you get a little water in the bottom of the container. When they feel all slippery from steaming in the container is when I got the cloudiness.

They are y slightly warm when I put them in , the batch it have now has now atee in the bottom

Let it stand for half hour to an hour after making it up before putting it fridge

Okay will try that !

I usually let it sit out, uncovered until the whole thing has room temperature. That way I get the IMO best texture to it, and even though there will be fuzz and little pieces floating through the tank during eating, it is usually gone shortly after :)

I usually let it sit out, uncovered until the whole thing has room temperature. That way I get the IMO best texture to it, and even though there will be fuzz and little pieces floating through the tank during eating, it is usually gone shortly after :)

Thanks , need to make sown soon so will leave it out to cool for longer :)

How much repashy are you feeding at a time? Do you turn your filter and bubbler off during feeding?

If you find it's dissipating into a cloud maybe turn off water agitating filters and bubblers for the feeding process :)

How much repashy are you feeding at a time? Do you turn your filter and bubbler off during feeding?

If you find it's dissipating into a cloud maybe turn off water agitating filters and bubblers for the feeding process :)

I am feeding about 3 1inch cubes , I leave my bubbler and filter on , tonight I will turn the bubbler off see if that helps !

You might have undercooked this batch. I was trying to use the shortest possible microwave time and got a batch that was too soft.

You might have undercooked this batch. I was trying to use the shortest possible microwave time and got a batch that was too soft.

Well ... I boil water and add it to the powder so maybe that's not adequate ?

You're supposed to dissolve the powder in the water fully before adding heat. I think that this helps the agar to setup more fully.

On packet it says you can wither mix then heat, or add boiling water to powder and mix. Ive done it the second way.

You're supposed to dissolve the powder in the water fully before adding heat. I think that this helps the agar to setup more fully.

Ohh.. Because on the packet it says you can add hot water to the powder and stir ?

On packet it says you can wither mix then heat, or add boiling water to powder and mix. Ive done it the second way.

Yes that's what it read ! Did you have success the second way ?

I always add boiling water to the mix and mix it in then. It's never done me wrong.

Maybe it did you wrong this time. :) There are really only two explanations I can think of - overfeeding to the point that the fish are tearing the food apart without eating it all, or food that didn't set completely. Unless you changed the amount you are feeding just before this happened, it has to be a change in the food preparation.

Maybe it did you wrong this time. :) There are really only two explanations I can think of - overfeeding to the point that the fish are tearing the food apart without eating it all, or food that didn't set completely. Unless you changed the amount you are feeding just before this happened, it has to be a change in the food preparation.

Right ... Thank you , I've got enough to feed for tonight and I will make another batch tomorrow . I am going to try boiling the water in the micro and then mix the powder in instead of adding boiling water from kettle to the powder .

Also I noticed that when I did add boiling water to the powder it solidified after 1 second , no joke ! Soooooo I'm thinking its not getting hot enough . Hopefully my new method will work ! And I'm going to try splitting my fishes meals more so that its not just food disintegrating .

Hope you understand all that rambling jahaha !