Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

Work that camera!

I guess after 3 days of non-stop rain and being covered by a tarp, these guys have become quite attention desperate! I've been working on taking pictures with my camera, and with the natural light outside the quality improved immensely! I use a Nikon Coolpix S100, varying macro, and burst/continuous shots. Im extremely happy with the pictures :D they might not be DSLR standard but I think I can pat myself on the back (;

A couple aren't as great, but I really liked those images because of the view of the fish.

36fabb72e6bec9f6fa1707cc2ce4ea1a.jpg

Fio

ccdf9b9e24d2c7623219fd597661cd43.jpg

Cluster fish!

508ec1c70cc3af897cdb3275dcb3af10.jpg

Caligo! And photo bombing Unagi.

c584193da1e6f15048cd31db64ac9ca7.jpg

Strawberry

525e4117013709f4709219aff5fcc8b0.jpg

Unagi

39e80d3735fdcb5b103980fb195d87f4.jpg

Strawberry

97706db3e53a3b05b941abac8ab1da2f.jpg

Caligo

2c114ab11d9e54e5e4df50a11f042f06.jpg

Mushu

a023de5da8df9d26d57dcbd6d6655286.jpg

Nova

0361bd5474a89a192d0f0ea9a272910f.jpg

Sashimi

1fb0cefef49ef90c155f925a1ee8b220.jpg

Minnie, possibly to be renamed Tux. I mean, look at those breeding stars! But the vent is extremely large. Maybe it'll just be named Gender? For now (;

32b07a8cd66a71a1f0ebc85cd5ab47b1.jpg

Fio

a388ad71e494d7e2b3a58fd7fac94d74.jpg

Cream

6cd1dfb3707bf8898a369969e98b9869.jpg

Renji and his nub fin.

A few of my favorites :D

2bae5520735be8a446f9d3737d7b29e5.jpg

I looooove this one :wub:

f9dfd54eafb9f87cc2f0037340ff13af.jpg

She is something else :heart :heart

153ba5684e8c5193f46e406587c2c234.jpg

Herp derp

8ff386c06ab46313e057c341bf9278f1.jpg

Sunny, up close. Just look at all of those speckles!

26e86789605997551503f6b26ab3b3d1.jpg

"Weeeeeeeee!"

553d68972da95540692d2c4395f3e2f9.jpg

My best!

Well now you have seen my entire school! Thanks for looking (;

Edited by LovelyChaos

:rofl It looks like someone drew Unagi's lateral line on with a Sharpie!! :rofl

So many great fish, so little time . . . :D

:o absolutely stunning

the first "favorite picture" little ranchu with the pom poms I almost died

Very nice shots!!

Flo is so precious. :wub:

Well people have done worse for the sake of appearances :o:rofl

I have all the time in the world to look at them (:

:o absolutely stunning

the first "favorite picture" little ranchu with the pom poms I almost died

That's Fio! She's from RG. Ain't she something special :wub:

Very nice shots!!

Flo is so precious. :wub:

Fio thanks ya :D

Nice fish :D ff1 that is too funny it does look like someone drew on him :lol

Thank you!

Good posses hun :thumb:

Pretty babies overload! Ohhhhh that is the herpy derpiest face ever. I must save you from such a derpiness, hand over the fishy :lol2

Good posses hun :thumb:

Thank ya Koko! Maybe some will show up in pic of the week (;

Pretty babies overload! Ohhhhh that is the herpy derpiest face ever. I must save you from such a derpiness, hand over the fishy :lol2

:rofl Sorry, love! He is one of 4 viable males in a harem of woman. Gotta make sure these babes never get egg bound (;

Excellent pictures!! I'm glad to see that the weather decided to behave itself. :D

I love looking at your tank. :D

Awesome pics. I just want to dive in and hug Flo. :wub:

Wow, Minnie has WAY more breeding stars! Are those some on her gills now too? Maybe she is a boy! Her vent is just so female looking and both my other fish have been super eggy around her with no interest, but she is kind of "slow" all around. :teehee If she is a boy, Tux is an adorable name! :)

Awww! What a bunch of cuties! :heart

I have a ??? fish, who has breeding stars, has once joined in with the "other boys" on a breeding chase. The other boys, however, are 100% certain s/he is a lady, and they try to spawn with her (?) all the time... at which time she (?) responds like a lady fish. Sometimes, you just really never know! LOL

Excellent pictures!! I'm glad to see that the weather decided to behave itself. :D

I love looking at your tank. :D

Hehe thank you! There isn't too much to look at, but I guess pretty fish make up for that (;

Great pictures! :) They seem to be very photogenic.

Thanks! They decided just today, they are photogenic. Otherwise to half of them, I'm the person with the scary claws that grab them, so they hide D:

Awesome pics. I just want to dive in and hug Flo. :wub:

Hehe I'm sure if Fio was more durable and less shy she'd enjoy the hug (;

Wow, Minnie has WAY more breeding stars! Are those some on her gills now too? Maybe she is a boy! Her vent is just so female looking and both my other fish have been super eggy around her with no interest, but she is kind of "slow" all around. :teehee If she is a boy, Tux is an adorable name! :)

It is quite large and female. Maybe she's both? :idont I'm sure ill find out when spring rolls around and the water heats up a little. :teehee And thank you (; I wasn't sure if its ok to rename an adopted fish, hahah (:

Awww! What a bunch of cuties! :heart

I have a ??? fish, who has breeding stars, has once joined in with the "other boys" on a breeding chase. The other boys, however, are 100% certain s/he is a lady, and they try to spawn with her (?) all the time... at which time she (?) responds like a lady fish. Sometimes, you just really never know! LOL

:rofl that whole paragraph was the funniest thing :rofl

And thank you (; I feel very lucky to have a lovely group of healthy fish (:

You're doing a good job with the cam! :)

:rofl Everytime I see the title to this thread, it makes me think of this song and loose it :rofl3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vsgmWXG-Zc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hahahah well at least it brings you here! ;D

You're doing a good job with the cam! :)

Thank you! I think the camera just loves them (;

What's exactly what I thought the first time I saw the picture. Lol.

Very good looking fish and good looking pictures. You gotta teach me how to to take photos that sharp, my camera's not that bad but it can never take sharp photos especially when the fish are swimming around.

Very good looking fish and good looking pictures. You gotta teach me how to to take photos that sharp, my camera's not that bad but it can never take sharp photos especially when the fish are swimming around.

Well when it's a point and shoot, it needs to have either a continuous or burst photo setting so that it takes quick, continuous pictures. Usually cameras will have different settings, and the burst photos can be found in either the pet or sport setting, or you might be able to change the setting manually if your camera lets you. On mine, i have a pet setting that automatically takes pictures when an eye comes into focus, and it will take 3 at a time. Or when I hold down the button, it takes a continuous stream of photos. Lighting really makes a difference as well, the brighter, more natural or white light, the crisper the picture is. It helps to turn off the light in the room. It's pretty hard, but the fish might be more willing to pose for you if they are hungry (; I actually took these after feeding them so you can try that too.

Well when it's a point and shoot, it needs to have either a continuous or burst photo setting so that it takes quick, continuous pictures. Usually cameras will have different settings, and the burst photos can be found in either the pet or sport setting, or you might be able to change the setting manually if your camera lets you. On mine, i have a pet setting that automatically takes pictures when an eye comes into focus, and it will take 3 at a time. Or when I hold down the button, it takes a continuous stream of photos. Lighting really makes a difference as well, the brighter, more natural or white light, the crisper the picture is. It helps to turn off the light in the room. It's pretty hard, but the fish might be more willing to pose for you if they are hungry (; I actually took these after feeding them so you can try that too.

Never thought about continuous shooting. I'll definitely give it a try. But I can't seem to be able to get them to cooperate for me. Ugh, fish, they play by their own rules.... don't even know if they follow any rules.

Gee! So so wonderful and precious fishies, hun! Yay! They're good now! Yippie! Good work, Charly! Have they had fish food in those 3 days?

:):heart

Good work, Charli! I'm glad they are settling into their new home nicely. :)

Tux is a cute name for a girl too!

Nova is my favorite! The colors are so rich and distinctive! They are all so cute!

They are looking good Charly. It think their colors are already becoming stronger in the natural light.