Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mattyhills1987

3 months on

So this topic is coming from this old one i done 3 months ago october 2012....

http://www.kokosgold...__fromsearch__1

This pic was when most of the eggs hatched but only 4 come to be the top guns and made it,

jMUNO6Xl.jpg

And now iv took them out of the hatchery which was in my main tank and put them in my river reef 94 that i still had.

But there might be a problem with one of them tho, the yellow one, you can see on pic 3 which is marked up, that it doesnt have any bottom fins only the 2 fronts and the top fin hasnt grown... so am not sure if this will never grow now or might come when time comes..??

Here are the pics of them now 3 months on.

QQQSwEXl.jpg

uaraUVEl.jpg

8qLUTWxl.jpg.....3

oCrXD6Zl.jpg

By looking at this one, and the other 3 that are in this tank, this might be a red one because of its rear fin, as its in a V shape and the others arnt. As looking at the 2 red ones i have on the right pic and the yellow ones dont have the V shape gap

RCEzKsUl.jpg VS FPSh8lwl.jpg

Congrats on your babies! Since that doesn't look like a Fancy, its not a Ranchu. Its a birth defect, but.. wait! STOP! Before you decide to cull/kill, you can still keep it and give it much love. It depends on you, love or show, to be valued the most. Others will chime in and be more helpful. Welcome back and post more often. How many tanks ya got?

Congrats on your babies! Since that doesn't look like a Fancy, its not a Ranchu. Its a birth defect, but.. wait! STOP! Before you decide to cull/kill, you can still keep it and give it much love. It depends on you, love or show, to be valued the most. Others will chime in and be more helpful. Welcome back and post more often. How many tanks ya got?

Its swimming around like normal and eating normal like the rest it isnt struggling at all so i will be keeping it :P..............Well got 2 tanks main one is 4 x 2 x 2 foot, as i got this made for the 5 goldfish i have since they were big for the river reef 94 that i got, but iv just set that back up for now for these 4 little ones untill they get bigger.

That's kool. Glad you are keeping the one. Its rare for love and compassion to be given to Goldfish with birth defect.

Nice job! :)

They are too cute! Congrats on the babies!!

That are looking so good!

Congratulations!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

They are adorable! And no, that fin will never grow. But as long as the fish does not seem affected, it's fine! I actually love the yellow coloring a lot!

I have a fish with a similar birth defect, mine never grew a tail fin at all. He is almost two years old now and perfectly happy and healthy. Swims a bit funny (kind of more wiggly like a ranchu) but that's all. :)

The thing is though if you were to give the four little ones to a pet store, I hope they will end up in good homes and not in some too small tank or bowl. That's always my worry with baby goldfish.

They look great :) nice job!

Congrats! I love the specieal needs, goldfish. Good luck with them. :)