Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
alvintran1998

Mysterious Mystery snail behavior?

8 posts in this topic

My apple snails getting an xxxxx? :rofl

Edited by koko
inappropriate language for this site.

LOL_ not exactly. That is his snorkel- he can use it to breathe air from the surface, while staying under water. They extend them a lot of times when they go from a dark tank to light, besides when they want to breathe from the surface & not use their gills. If he's a boy snail, he also has a... ummm... wang, too, though.

Oh my WORD does the music crack me up, though!

p.s. check your tank parameters, to make sure there isn't anything off in the water that is making them head to the surface and do that. SOMETIMES, they do it for no real reason. Sometimes, it means they don't like something going on in the water. With both of them doing it like that, at the same time- you definitely want to check. Did you add anything to the water before they started doing this, or just turn the tank light on? Check your tank params, plz!

Edited by JamieMonster

LOL_ not exactly. That is his snorkel- he can use it to breathe air from the surface, while staying under water. They extend them a lot of times when they go from a dark tank to light, besides when they want to breathe from the surface & not use their gills. If he's a boy snail, he also has a... ummm... wang, too, though.

Oh, lol, I never saw them do this. But I don't always stare at them all the time. lol, it's still fun to watch though, right?! :exactly

Read above please, darlin'- I made an edit. :D

p.s. check your tank parameters, to make sure there isn't anything off in the water that is making them head to the surface and do that. SOMETIMES, they do it for no real reason. Sometimes, it means they don't like something going on in the water. With both of them doing it like that, at the same time- you definitely want to check. Did you add anything to the water before they started doing this, or just turn the tank light on? Check your tank params, plz!

I've just did a water change like 2 minutes before filming.

Ahh- that might be it. You did remember to add water conditioner, right? (just checking!)... sometimes they will do that after a WC from the new water coming in, and the stuff in the conditioner that helps goldies make slime coat. I wouldn't worry, unless they keep it up, or other strange behavior follows.:D

Ok, that music is still making me chuckle.

Ahh- that might be it. You did remember to add water conditioner, right? (just checking!)... sometimes they will do that after a WC from the new water coming in, and the stuff in the conditioner that helps goldies make slime coat. I wouldn't worry, unless they keep it up, or other strange behavior follows. :D

Ok, that music is still making me chuckle.

Yes I did. Almost forgot, but I did! Oh, I was hoping I've discovered a new strange behavior. But it's better to know it's a common behavior to know that they're okay.