Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
desonac

medicated food

8 posts in this topic

Hello

I live in Romania a country in EU.

I wanna buy some medicated foods ...from http://www.goldfishconnection.com/shop/listing.php?parentId=5, but unfortunately ...they dont sell across Europe.

So i beg ..if someone from US ... wanna help me.

I need :

1. Metro-Meds 12oz.

2.MediGold12oz.

I will send the money in advance ..for this 2 products.. including for shping and handeling.

if someone ..had the time to help me please contact me at.. this adress:

desonac@yahoo.com

i am not sure that our members can send these products across the border. can you check with your Country's online Customs information to find if these products are permitted into your Country?

there may be reasons, like in AU why these medicines aren't allowed to pass. for instance, in AU, where i am, these medicines are only available by doctor's prescription. please check that it's ok first, otherwise it may be a failed attempt, money lost and possible penalties to apply for the sender.

I will search .. watt you say...i am not sure for the reason this products are distribuit in my country or.. in EU.

I belive is not a crime ..watt i ask from members that can help..and i am sure that to recive something in form of "gift" is not a crime in any part of the world.

We talking about some products wich contains of antibiotics..that are not so alien anywere in civilized part of the world ..

In my country we dont have vets that are specilized in fish treatment...so is not llegal to try ..to cure your fish ..by your self ..

I beg my pardon for my english .. but you know in the East Of Europe ..is only one country that matter in the end ..his name is Rusia ..

Tank for your adivice.

Ps.

after i look to your profile i notice that you have some roots in Greece ?

so

you can try eBay. some sellers on eBay sell seachem Metronidazole, or Metronidazole straight from pharmacy. i believe you will be more successful to find it from there. i think some members refer to a seller in Greece that has shipped to other countries successfully :)

Ps.

after i look to your profile i notice that you have some roots in Greece ?

so

so? i am an Australian :)

I would imagine it would be incredibly difficult to ship any medicated food to Romania. It would involve getting permission from your Government in the form of a permit/certificate. I think this would be quite difficult and time consuming.

"Restrictions

Many items are admitted conditionally subject to permits or certificates (such as veterinary health or phytosanitary certificates for products of animal or vegetable origin) issued by the Romanian legal authorities.

Pharmaceutical products are admitted only with the agreement of the Ministry of Health.

Vitamins require a permit issued by the Ministry of Health or Ministry of Agriculture."

http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ps_012.htm

Buna Ziua! (my best friend is Romanian - but that is all I know)

Basically, all antibiotics are regulated throughout the EU and you cannot buy medicated fish food without consulting a vet/doctor. That said, many EU sellers on ebay are said to ship the small amounts found in fish medications around within the EU. I do not have any experience with this personally but have heard that it is so.

It is probably possible that your doctor might be able to help you when you explain what it is for. In some countries, stores that sell products to farmers also are allowed to sell simple medications for animals.

In many cases, simpler treatments can be as effective as medications. If your fish is sick, you can post in the illness section of the forum and we can try to help you with what you have :)

As the Admin of this site... I do not Support doing this... I understand you have a sick fish, but trying to get member to send you stuff that isnt legal in your country can get the member into trouble. also your country would take the package and toss it ..... Please dont ask like this...

Thankyou

Im closing this thread.