Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Jessijaxx

Hi From Jacksonville, Florida

19 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to keeping Goldfish very new about 2 1/2 weeks in. I have a 20 gallon tall tank and 3 small babies Black Moore, Calico Telescope and what I think is a Calico Ryukin (not sure). My son who is developmentally delayed always loved the fish tanks he saw in the doctor’s office and this fall he started school and they had a large tank in the main office every day he had to go look at that tank. One day he asked me if he could have a fish of his own I said if you’re good maybe Santa will bring u a fish of your own. He was trying his best to be super good so while he was away for holiday I went to petsmart and fell in love with the little black moors. I decided I would get him one and of course he needed friends. Asked the person working about keeping goldfish they handed me a pamphlet and pointed me towards the starter kits. I was told to let the tank run for 24 hours then I could come back and get fish. That’s what I did!! The fish seem happy but two days after I put them in my water became cloudy (I admit it I freaked out worried to the point where I would get up in the middle of the night to check on the fish) I have been doing regular water changes (about every 2 days) and I got another filter so I’m running a 110GPH(tetra ex 20) and a 200GPH ( aqueon quietflow 30) filter. By doing research online I’m learning a lot about cycling and cloudy water, keeping my babies happy and healthy. I am happy I found a place to go to when I have questions. I’m planning on upgrading my tank in about 2 months and I want one more fish. I plan on asking lots of questions so I can be ready when it’s time to upgrade : D my babies are still doing well they look good and are active and my son loves to watch them and help me do the water changes. I just wish I would have known about cycling so I could have avoided putting them in harm’s way!! sorry about the size of the pictures couldent figure out how to make them smaller top to bottom Plata, Zero, Yuki , the house

m 008_zps9075c0af.jpg this silly little guy is Platafish013_zps7767ee6c.jpgThe shy little Zerofish006_zpse75d381b.jpgThe Diva Yukiafterwater_zps5a0927ff.jpgtheir house after water change

Hello and welcome! :hi

Hello and welcome to Koko's!

You sure came to the right place here! Your fish are very cute and it's good to know you already learned about cycling and proper tank size etc. :)

You just might want to get a drop test kit asap so you can keep an eye on the cycling process and to ensure the fish's water does not become toxic during that time :)

Hi and welcome to Koko's! I'm glad you found this place. :welcome

Hello and Welcome to Koko's :)

Cute babies you have there :)

Welcome! Your fish are adorable, and I love your cute tank setup. :)

Hello & welcome! :)

I'm so glad you are doing this for your son. I hope you both will have a lifetime of enjoyment of this hobby! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

:hi

and

:welcome

Hi there and welcome! Your fish are adorable! :)

Hmm, the names Zero and Yuki.. I know what anime that's from, but I forgot the name. :rofl Welcome to Koko's! :hi

Welcome to Kokos!

Your fish are really cute! Lots and lots of water changes (and large ones) will get your fish and tank through the cycling process.

As mentioned above, a water test kit (like the API Master test kit) would really help throughout the cycling process. you won't really know for sure if/when you're cycled until you test the water. :)

:hi Jessijaxx! welcome to koko's :) educating children on how to care for goldfish is an awesome activity :)

Welcome! :hi your fish are adorable :)

Welcome! My son has Autism and won our fish at a fair. :D

Greetings friend....welcome to Koko's!!! :hi

Enjoy your time here..... :Jig: