Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
number20121

A single baby

:( I'm sorry for your loss, Fang :heart

:( I'm so sorry fang

I so sorry for your loss. :cry1

Ohh no :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry fang :cry ! Those little guys are just so fragile... Rest in peace little Eve :heart

I'm so sorry Fang! :( sad news.

Thanks guys, it really was a freak accident. And what bugs me the most about it is that I was about to release her into the main tub. She was still in her breeder basket because in the beginning she was much smaller than Norm due to age difference, but she had picked up quite well. But I didn't just want to dump her basket out since she had a bit of uneaten food and poop on the bottom of it.

At first I had thought about just dumping it without cleaning out the waste.

If I had just done that, if I had just not cared about some poop in her "apartment", and just released her into the tub with it, she'd still be here. :(

She would have been so gorgeous. Unlike Norm, who you could see in his most recent photos is ultra metallic, she was partly matte with obvious white "coloring" on her sides. She probably would have been a cute orange and white, part matte fish, or maybe even calico.

beautifuleve_zps647a09f2.jpg

Ah well, there is nothing I can do now. But at least from now on I know that even with the turkey baster you gotta watch out for siphon accidents :doh11:

I blame the poo poo in the basket. :wa I'm sorry, Fang. :(

The subies already know about this, but Banana and Bullet have decided to spawn. I saw this just before they ate all the eggs and was able to save close to two dozen eggs.

I had thought that Bullet, being only about 8-9 months old, wouldn't be mature enough yet but one of the eggs was actually fertile! The other eggs turned white and fuzzy.

So within the past hour, this one little guy hatched. He is still just laying on the bottom of the betta cup he's in right now, but I just placed a small piece of cabomba in there for him to hide in.

Now I gotta hope that I will get him through. That would be a bit of a miracle, but we will see!

I love that he has a nice straight spine, so there shouldn't be a cause to be culled for severe deformity - hopefully!

Also, see how tiny this guy is compared to the ruler? He is about 1/4" long :)

B202.jpg

thank you for posting, so cool! I've never seen fry before :-) congratulations

The subies already know about this, but Banana and Bullet have decided to spawn. I saw this just before they ate all the eggs and was able to save close to two dozen eggs.

I had thought that Bullet, being only about 8-9 months old, wouldn't be mature enough yet but one of the eggs was actually fertile! The other eggs turned white and fuzzy.

So within the past hour, this one little guy hatched. He is still just laying on the bottom of the betta cup he's in right now, but I just placed a small piece of cabomba in there for him to hide in.

Now I gotta hope that I will get him through. That would be a bit of a miracle, but we will see!

I love that he has a nice straight spine, so there shouldn't be a cause to be culled for severe deformity - hopefully!

Also, see how tiny this guy is compared to the ruler? He is about 1/4" long :)

B202.jpg

thank you for posting, so cool! I've never seen fry before :-) congratulations

You're welcome! These freshly hatched guys are super tiny. As said, they are about as thin as an eye lash, and about 4-5mm long. So cute! :)

So Sorry about eve :(

Alright, so this is probably the last time I update this topic, or at least for a while.

Norm's growth is almost scary and I can't even really think of him as FRY anymore. He turned out very pretty so far, with a quite smooth back and a little bit of a chu tail tuck as well. Just gotta grow some decent wen now.

This was him just 6 days ago, and the second photo from today.

100_0516_zps473f12c1.jpg

100_0678_zps89e587bb.jpg

No, Gustave, I did not change to a smaller spoon. It's still the Olympic Tablespoon :rofl

100_0682_zps6625348d.jpg

Top view, he is such a stunning fattie :heart

100_0662copy_zps994978d0.jpg?t=1363731777

And a short video of him. I remove him during water changes, he is still small and I don't trust the siphon even with the netting on. Excuse the chirping air stone in the background :D

Willie is to be seen here too. That fish is such a nervous wreck :doh11:

Amazing! :)

Love the little guys! :D Willie is one of my dream fish. :heart

I can't believe how big he is!

Oh he is so dang cute! Having duckweed, it really puts into perspective how teenie weenie he still is. So sorry about what happened :(

:< I really wanna chu now.

Oh he is so dang cute! Having duckweed, it really puts into perspective how teenie weenie he still is.

So very true! And it also shows how much he grew, since he was only as long as one single "leaf" of duckweed when he hatched, and much, much thinner :D Now, he'd probably eat himself if he could travel back in time :rofl