Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tithra

I've Got EGGS! Help! :p

Tithra, what are your plans to implement for the next time there's a spawn?

Hi tithra, something I do not understand here. you wish to learn how to raise a few fish from egg and plan to repeat spawn? If yes then prudent course is to prepare in advance for the moment. You have made many beginer mistakes ( which we all have done). and the success and health of fish is always on owner fish keepers head. So now you can prepare properly and ofcourse will have grand results!

What would you suggest? I have a tank prepared for eggs and fry and brine shrimp etc on hand

I'm not sure what mistakes I made, I only got one fertilized egg out of 25, I believe my fish are eating most of the eggs when I am not around. Edie has dropped eggs 2 more times but none have been fertilized.

I know you didn't ask me, but spawning mops catch eggs and prevent them from all getting eaten by the parents. This also transfer them out easily. Curing them in meth blue at 70F will ensure that any fungus doesn't spread to healthy eggs. The more eggs you can save from a tank spawn the greater the numbers for hatching :)

I know you didn't ask me, but spawning mops catch eggs and prevent them from all getting eaten by the parents. This also transfer them out easily. Curing them in meth blue at 70F will ensure that any fungus doesn't spread to healthy eggs. The more eggs you can save from a tank spawn the greater the numbers for hatching

Thanks Una ;) I've considered putting a spawning mop in there, but would need to move them to a separate tank to do that now that this tank has carpeting plants that would not be happy to be covered by a mop :P i could certainly use my 20 gallon for awhile for them, but it might be a bit cramped ;)

I think putting a spawning mop overnight wouldn't harm your plants any. Then you can remove it during the day when there's daylight provided.

I think putting a spawning mop overnight wouldn't harm your plants any. Then you can remove it during the day when there's daylight provided.

Ah smart smart :P I wasnt thinking about the fact I could take it out during the day! Haha

I'll get on making one tonight

Wow ! Cool , but how old they are ?