Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tithra

I've Got EGGS! Help! :p

I don't know... I think I am putting way too many in, I use an eye dropper to grab a bunch and I drop them in. I'm afraid he won't find them.... can you overfeed at this point?

I don't know... I think I am putting way too many in, I use an eye dropper to grab a bunch and I drop them in. I'm afraid he won't find them.... can you overfeed at this point?

Good question. I read on one website that feeding only BBS can lead to SBD, and that you should switch it up with other food. Makes sense in a way since in nature these guys would eat a lot of algae too, not only protein.

My little guy actually likes to eat soylent green powder, it is perfectly bite size. I just sprinkle a teeeeny bit of powder over the surface, you can barely see it, and he will keep munching on it. It also is not actually DRY since it is in (or rather ON) the water.

Uh oh.... I think little Lashy is a goner!

He is all curled (tail toward in a c shape) and not moving even when I push him :(

Poor guy :(

I honestly didn't really expect him to make it, although it would have been fun if he did. I hope the fish will spawn again at some point and give me more than one fertilized egg!

I'm so sorry tithra! I was so hoping the little guy would make it. :cry

awww hun :( i'm sorry :(

Oh, I'm so sorry about Lashi. :grouphug

They'll spawn again soon, and you'll have so many babies, you won't know what to do!

Aww :( I'm sorry Tithra!

RIP Lashy xx :heart

Thanks guys ;)

Aaaww, sorry. I know how excited you were. But as we've seen, they usually spawn multiple times. Fins crossed for more fry. :D

Dim the lights, drop in a lil' wine, and put on some Barry White....

Thanks everyone :) I am kind of bummed, but expected this to happen so it's not a big surprise. It was really fun though.

Dim the lights, drop in a lil' wine, and put on some Barry White....

:rofl

Aw sorry Tithra :(

Noooooooooooo!! I was so excited about watching his progress!! :( :(

I am sorry. I am convinced it is not your fault. Not all little ones make it through and when having only one fry, it will make the whole thing even more difficult. :(

So sorry, poor little fellow. Edie and Hashi, time to work your magic again!

I'm sorry, Jess :(

Aww I'm sorry Jess! I hope you can try again with some more eggs..... gotta convince your fishies to get it on :rofl :rofl

NOOOO!!

Im sorry hun :hug

Thank you everyone! I do hope I'll get another go at it :)

Noooooooooooo!! I was so excited about watching his progress!! :( :(

I am sorry. I am convinced it is not your fault. Not all little ones make it through and when having only one fry, it will make the whole thing even more difficult. :(

Thanks Fang, and thanks for your help ;) I assumed the odds were against the little one

So Sorry for your loss :(

But next time you will be better prepared ;)

awww, that stinks :( :( :( :(

Well, this breeding is very irregular as the eggs weren't fertilized properly and only 1 fry survived.

Try to do more research on breeding, hope that improves

awww, that stinks

Well, this breeding is very irregular as the eggs weren't fertilized properly and only 1 fry survived.

Try to do more research on breeding, hope that improves

I didn't get many eggs to start with, the only ones I'm finding are back behind the filter intakes so I believe they are eating the fertilized ones that would likely be in the central tank area before I can get to them

Hi tithra, something I do not understand here. you wish to learn how to raise a few fish from egg and plan to repeat spawn? If yes then prudent course is to prepare in advance for the moment. You have made many beginer mistakes ( which we all have done). and the success and health of fish is always on owner fish keepers head. So now you can prepare properly and ofcourse will have grand results!

I don't think Tithra has made many mistakes :hmm It is just unfortunate the hungry pair didn't leave her very many eggs. I think she did a great job