Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tithra

I've Got EGGS! Help! :p

Day1Fry_zps1ab2ba26.jpg

DSC_0087_zpsc9389853.jpg

Day4_zps916b994a.jpg

So, Lashy isn't really swimming that much. He is moving and does swim around whenever I mess with his container, but he appears to have something either stuck to the bottom of him or growing out of the bottom?? It's hard to tell - you can see it in the pic above a bit, but whatever it is is making him lay on his side again :idont He is still alive so I suppose that is good, but I don't know if what is going on is normal.

Its kind of hard to tell what that is from the pic, but I sure hope its not serious. Is it like something stuck to him or more like something growing from/on him?

Best wishes to you im hoping for the best <3

Its kind of hard to tell what that is from the pic, but I sure hope its not serious. Is it like something stuck to him or more like something growing from/on him?

Best wishes to you im hoping for the best <3

I can't tell which it is. I don't think it was there yesterday :idont I guess I'll see how it looks tomorrow

could it be a fin? I really have no clue so if I'm being stupid ignore me :P

I wondered that too .... it's really hard to tell though. It seems like it's either on his underside between where the pectorals should be or it is only on one side. I couldn't get him to stay upright to get a top view pic so I can't really tell what is going on

Aww. Rootin for ya Lashy!

This was my first thought too :)

tithra idk if you noticed this but I believe that's a fin now

DSC_0087_zpsc9389853.jpg

I've circled the fins (or what appears to be them) in this picture! perhaps they;re just becoming more prominent.

tithra idk if you noticed this but I believe that's a fin now

DSC_0087_zpsc9389853.jpg

I've circled the fins (or what appears to be them) in this picture! perhaps they;re just becoming more prominent.

Exactly what I was thinking. :)

I thought fin too but its hard to tell. I sure hope thats it!

D'aw. Well so long as he can get food okay I think he's probably fine.

My computer isn't working very well so I can't tell if this link will be any good for you: http://en.bestpicturesof.com/goldfish%20fry

but I thought perhaps you might find a pic that you could compare Lashy to at a similar age?

I think it is a fin but I have no experience so it is just my opinion x

Rooting for him!

I do hope it's a fin. I wish I had a microscope to check him out! I'll update what I find later tonight :) Thanks for the link Black

So, I think the thing on Lashy last night was actually some biofilm that got stuck to him :( there was more fuzz this morning and I managed to pull it off of him (which was realllly hard), then when I was cleaning his container I noticed that when I wiped my finger on the bottom a bunch of white biofilm came up. So, I managed to clean out the whole container with a piece of paper towel to wipe down any biofilm that had accumulated.

I wish I had something better to put him in that would allow for a little more circulation. I have two breeder baskets, but one the holes are two big and the other has crevices he could easily slip into and get stuck :( maybe I'll take a trip to the pet store and see if there are any better ones.

I hope you find something good! :) Having only one fry must be so much harder than a group, you can't really put him in a large container since feeding him would be a nightmare. (I would be so afraid it wasn't finding enough food!) Good luck at the pet store!

I hope you find something good! :) Having only one fry must be so much harder than a group, you can't really put him in a large container since feeding him would be a nightmare. (I would be so afraid it wasn't finding enough food!) Good luck at the pet store!

I'm afraid he won't find food in the small container! I think I may be putting in too much which is probably adding to the biofilm issue simply because I want to make sure he finds food and doesn't starve.

You could always try to find some fine mesh and make your own breeder basket? I dont love the plastic ones either as they either have huge holes or lack circulation :(

You could always try to find some fine mesh and make your own breeder basket? I dont love the plastic ones either as they either have huge holes or lack circulation :(

I have one of those plastic ones and then I also have one of the ones that has a plastic frame that you then put a mesh bag over - I like this one best, but there are small crevices he could get into because he is so small. I am actually going to mess with that one to see if I could modify it somehow to make it safer

So, I think the thing on Lashy last night was actually some biofilm that got stuck to him :( there was more fuzz this morning and I managed to pull it off of him (which was realllly hard), then when I was cleaning his container I noticed that when I wiped my finger on the bottom a bunch of white biofilm came up. So, I managed to clean out the whole container with a piece of paper towel to wipe down any biofilm that had accumulated.

I wish I had something better to put him in that would allow for a little more circulation. I have two breeder baskets, but one the holes are two big and the other has crevices he could easily slip into and get stuck :( maybe I'll take a trip to the pet store and see if there are any better ones.

I had this fuzz thing happen to a couple of my fry back during the first round. It's difficult pulling it off of them, OMG!

You could still try "cup to cup" method. Mine so far is doing rather fine with it. I empty the cup slowly with a turkey baster until there is only a tiny bit of water with the fry left. New cup is already filled with matched water, and then gently pour the little guy into the new cup.

That way you can fully clean out the old cup, wipe down the bottom etc and prepare it for the next day :)

I had this fuzz thing happen to a couple of my fry back during the first round. It's difficult pulling it off of them, OMG!

You could still try "cup to cup" method. Mine so far is doing rather fine with it. I empty the cup slowly with a turkey baster until there is only a tiny bit of water with the fry left. New cup is already filled with matched water, and then gently pour the little guy into the new cup.

That way you can fully clean out the old cup, wipe down the bottom etc and prepare it for the next day :)

oooh... I couldn't figure out how to transfer the little one to the new cup! I am so scared anything I do is going to just break him in half. Okay, I will try that.

It was reallllllly hard pulling that fuzz off of him! I hope I didn't damage anything in the process.

As long as they are so little and you have a steady hand, you can even transfer them by carefully sucking them up with a turkey baster. The biggest problem with this method is that these suckers are very fast and it can be a big PITA to catch him. So removing most of the old water and then carefully pouring him into the new container is probably easier and gentler :)

As long as they are so little and you have a steady hand, you can even transfer them by carefully sucking them up with a turkey baster. The biggest problem with this method is that these suckers are very fast and it can be a big PITA to catch him. So removing most of the old water and then carefully pouring him into the new container is probably easier and gentler :)

lol... well, luckily my guy is not fast (or not so luckily) he is still doing a lot of scooting around the bottom. I watched him for awhile today and he just did a full scoot around the whole container :idont

lol... well, luckily my guy is not fast (or not so luckily) he is still doing a lot of scooting around the bottom. I watched him for awhile today and he just did a full scoot around the whole container :idont

Just you wait, these guys swim at about 600mph once they get going :rofl

Oh, now this might be hard to answer, but how many BBS do you feed him? My first batch should hatch soon, but there are probably a thousand or so of them :rofl