Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tithra

I've Got EGGS! Help! :p

And spawning and spawning and spawning and spawning :rofl:

Maybe Hashi just has bad aim :P

:rofl. Well then, he could play football for Michigan cuz their aim is off today too! :rofl

Fins crossed for the one on the plant! :D

:rofl2

:tomuch:

Time to play some soft jazz. :rolleyes:

Good luck, Tithra!

They probably will spawn again in the coming weeks! :)

I can't wait- I bet they'll make some very handsome babies! :heart

Took out all the eggs today but 4 :( There are 3 on the bottom of the tank that haven't turned fuzzy, but I'm not certain they are actually fertilized, and then there's my one lone little egg that definitely appears to be fertilized that's stuck to a plant.

I'm hoping the one egg makes it, but we'll see. Kind of bummed, but at least now I know these two will potentially spawn again in the future.

Maybe Hashi just has bad aim :P

Lol! Don't worry! They'll spawn again soon. :heart

I've got a fry!!!!!!

Black eye egg hatched.

He is on the bottom looking dead like Fang said.

At what point do I feed him now? How much do you feed a single tiny fry??

OMG OMG OMG!! holy cow! congratulations hun!! and further more, i have no flippin idea what to advise you! :rofl

Haha I appreciate you enthusiasm Helen. I am pretty excited to see how this goes! He is soooooo tiny!

:nana I believe you don't feed them until they are free swimming. They eat the egg sac at first? :idont

Congrats!

I've got a fry!!!!!!

Black eye egg hatched.

no food 2-3 days, live artemia or decaps, next to nothing , but tell me you do have a book like fancy goldfish , goldfish guide , etc?

I do have the guide to fancy goldfish and I have read the breeding section. But I'd still like some hand holding since its my first time :P

I do have the guide to fancy goldfish and I have read the breeding section. But I'd still like some hand holding since its my first time :P

Ok well he we ( Michael and KIKO) offer a hand and paw for tithra.

P1110806.jpg

page 107 FG you are now at the point ITE and RGF. Is a very well written part and if followed will produce results.

important is water quality , but with only a few you can raise then in a tea cup . first food is in 2 or 3 days time and if not live then can use several things , I also use( do not laugh) milk and egg of chicken (raw not boiled)and then on to the live artemia. oh also is very good to begin prazi soon. just a little in his water and it will not harm .

i'm definitely following this thread!

i got a batch of fry just about the same time. come back from parent's home to a surprise! i had moved egged my pots and plants into a sterlite tub then a day later, tons of fry! right now is end of day 2 and they're just floating still. i started brine shrimp eggs that hopefully hatch when fry are ready to eat >.<

best of luck, tithra!

Ok well he we ( Michael and KIKO) offer a hand and paw for tithra.

P1110806.jpg

page 107 FG you are now at the point ITE and RGF. Is a very well written part and if followed will produce results.

important is water quality , but with only a few you can raise then in a tea cup . first food is in 2 or 3 days time and if not live then can use several things , I also use( do not laugh) milk and egg of chicken (raw not boiled)and then on to the live artemia. oh also is very good to begin prazi soon. just a little in his water and it will not harm .

Thank you Mike :D Your pup is adorable!

I have baby brine shrimp that I will start hatching today. I have heard of breeders feeding egg yolk so I'll probably do that as well. And I will throw a little prazi in the water! I appreciate the input. I've been wanting fry for awhile, I'm excited to at least have one to try my hand at raising! :P

i'm definitely following this thread!

i got a batch of fry just about the same time. come back from parent's home to a surprise! i had moved egged my pots and plants into a sterlite tub then a day later, tons of fry! right now is end of day 2 and they're just floating still. i started brine shrimp eggs that hopefully hatch when fry are ready to eat >.<

best of luck, tithra!

Congrats on your fry!! I wish I had more than one! :P

Feel free to tack onto this thread wherever you like if you have questions or anything :)

Thats just awesome news hun :thumb:

Can't wait to see the months later!!

Congratulations! Good luck with your new little guy.

We need pictures!! :heart

I've got a fry!!!!!!

Black eye egg hatched.

The yolk sack lasts 24 - 48 hours. So to be on the safe side I would start feeding after 24 hours after hatching.

A tiny piece of soilent green is probably great according to what I was told. I would just add it to the container and replace it with a new one every 24 hours.

What are you keeping him in right now?

EDIT: Egg yolk (I keep reading boiled is the way to go) is a great food source but it can be kind of messy. If you only have very few (or just the one) it might actually be better to keep him via a miniature bucket to bucket version. If you have two small containers, you could simply carefully scoop him out with something small and add him to the new, fresh container every day or every other day. That will make cleanup easier since you can just rinse and scrub the old container :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Can you just use the SG powder, much like the first bite powder? Or better, the spawn and grow. :)

I've got a fry!!!!!!

Black eye egg hatched.

The yolk sack lasts 24 - 48 hours. So to be on the safe side I would start feeding after 24 hours after hatching.

A tiny piece of soilent green is probably great according to what I was told. I would just add it to the container and replace it with a new one every 24 hours.

What are you keeping him in right now?

EDIT: Egg yolk (I keep reading boiled is the way to go) is a great food source but it can be kind of messy. If you only have very few (or just the one) it might actually be better to keep him via a miniature bucket to bucket version. If you have two small containers, you could simply carefully scoop him out with something small and add him to the new, fresh container every day or every other day. That will make cleanup easier since you can just rinse and scrub the old container :)

Thanks for your help Fang :)

I am keeping him in a betta container that is clipped to the side of a 10 gallon (so that the bowl is in the water partway - figured this would help regulate the temp of the small bowl since our house gets cold).

The bucket to bucket is a good idea - I have another betta bowl. I am cooking up some baby brine shrimp right now, should be ready tomorrow evening. I also have repashy spawn and grow so maybe I will try that too.

btw he literally hasn't moved at all - this is normal still right?

Can you just use the SG powder, much like the first bite powder? Or better, the spawn and grow. :)

I actually have first bites from my baby betta, I also have spawn and grow, and I am cooking up some brine shrimp. If he makes it he should be well fed! It's just hard to know how much to put in for such a tiny critter!

Processing some pics for you guys right now!

I have had a fry back then that I removed from the growout tub because I was convinced he was dead. I kept him in a tiny container with literally only a few drops of water because I wanted to take a closer look at the fish.

Next thing I know is that he is moving around!

I guess breaking through the shell is quite exhausting. In addition they do not need to go find food due to their yolk sack. I've had other fry cling to a plant or the container wall for a day before they started moving :)

Baby fish:

DSC_0006-2_zps07e29ead.jpg

Awe look at that hun :heart

Awe look at that hun :heart

lone baby! I hope he is alive!