Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tithra

I've Got EGGS! Help! :p

Oh wow Tithra :) congrats & good luck!

WOOT!!! Go tithra Go!!! :thumb:

I just saw one with black dots in it!!!

It's very exciting, isn't it? :)

Good luck with the fry! It really isn't hard to raise them, just gotta keep them safe and well fed, just like adult goldfish, in a way :)

Keep us updated with photos! :)

yay for black dots!!! :nana

I just saw one with black dots in it!!!

Woohoo!

I wish there was a life video feed of the eggs right now :rofl

I have no life.

Many grats!!!!

I have no life.

I was kinda thinking that would be cool. :o

I have no life.

I was kinda thinking that would be cool. :o

trust me it would be even less interesting than you might think.... after picking out all the white fuzzy ones this afternoon I probably have about 7... probably 3 of which I think might actually have a chance of turning into anything since they have two black dots in them..... but I know my chances are slim to none that anything will come of this with those kind of numbers.... you'd probably just be watching my eggs go fuzzy on that live feed :P

I did mess with the temp a bit during my water change today. I hope they'll have a go at it again!

It still is exciting! At least I think so. I have checked my gone-white-eggs about half a dozen times today in hope that I maybe missed one that may be fertilized :lol

If you have some hatch, just make sure you are very gentle with them when they are little (water changes via air line tubing), keep the parameters stable, the "tank" clean and the babies fed - and you have great chances on survivors!

I made the mistake almost two years ago that I missed a hole on my internal filter, where the cord went inside the filter. 75% of my fry was sucked into it and I couldn't figure out where they went. I eventually had only two of the fry left, Finny and Buttons. That day I decided to clean the filter, unplugged it, and out swam two "lost" babies, now known as Tilty and Buttons.

In the filter media were over a dozen dead baby fish, and I felt horrible.

After that incident and it being fixed, I hadn't lost a single one of the fry. As long as they seem healthy and happy, no need to cull unless you want to call for flaws. :)

Point of this post is that unless the hatching fry has deformities or other issues, they theoretically should survive. :)

No, it's true, it is super exciting. I can't stop looking at them actually :P even my tupperware of fuzzy ones I keep checking haha. I actually got so excited when I saw the eyes that I went out and got a 10 gallon from the petco sale, filled it up 4 inches and put all the decent looking eggs in there with a heater (so that hopefully they'll hatch faster)

I'm afraid I won't see them when (if) they hatch since there is so few of them!

Do you think the heater is dangerous at all? It's a tiny one I used to use for my betta tank, but would they get caught in it or anything like that?

That's so sad about the filter :( I think if any survive I will go pick up a sponge filter, Ive been wanting one for awhile for QT but just haven't gotten around to getting it.

Oh Congrats :)

I hope you have a couple of survivors :) baby brine shrimp is a great thing to have on hand :)

No, it's true, it is super exciting. I can't stop looking at them actually :P even my tupperware of fuzzy ones I keep checking haha. I actually got so excited when I saw the eyes that I went out and got a 10 gallon from the petco sale, filled it up 4 inches and put all the decent looking eggs in there with a heater (so that hopefully they'll hatch faster)

I'm afraid I won't see them when (if) they hatch since there is so few of them!

Do you think the heater is dangerous at all? It's a tiny one I used to use for my betta tank, but would they get caught in it or anything like that?

That's so sad about the filter :( I think if any survive I will go pick up a sponge filter, Ive been wanting one for awhile for QT but just haven't gotten around to getting it.

From what I read, a heater may speed up the progress of them hatching, but may also cause deformities because the fish may grow "too fast" - which is not scientifically proven.

Keep in mind that goldfish in ponds usually spawn in spring when the water is still in the higher 60s. With that, normal room temperature is just perfect for them to hatch in. A heater is only required to keep the temperature stable, if needed :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Okay, I will keep the heat low then ;)

Shell, I actually still have baby brine shrimp from when my baby betta was eating it.... I need to do an update on that fish, he/she is eating regular sized pellets now! :D

Oh my goodness!!! Best of luck with them :wub:

Do we get an update? :D

That's so exciting! Hope you get some fry! :D :D

Oooh I hope ya find more little black dot babies in your tank. I'd probly have a mask and snorkel on by now, looking for babies. :D

Do we get an update?

Just did a quick scan, nothing exciting yet. Black eye egg is still an egg. Sure I'll be obsessively checking all day so I'll let you know if anything happens!

Took out all the eggs today but 4 :( There are 3 on the bottom of the tank that haven't turned fuzzy, but I'm not certain they are actually fertilized, and then there's my one lone little egg that definitely appears to be fertilized that's stuck to a plant.

I'm hoping the one egg makes it, but we'll see. Kind of bummed, but at least now I know these two will potentially spawn again in the future.

Maybe Hashi just has bad aim :P

:rofl. Well then, he could play football for Michigan cuz their aim is off today too! :rofl

Fins crossed for the one on the plant! :D

:rofl. Well then, he could play football for Michigan cuz their aim is off today too! :rofl

Fins crossed for the one on the plant! :D

:rofl2

They probably will spawn again in the coming weeks! :)