Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Okori

Pearlscales galore!

Just wanted to share a quick shot of the new guys. You're looking at the F1 of my future breeding project. Mom is a red white hamanishiki, dad is a calico. This was the batch a few hours ago:

Image12162012134115_zps3a05feeb.jpg

Taken half an hour ago. Counted over 450, from them I've only pulled out 8 badly deformed or dead fry, including one with two heads!

Image12162012143549_zpsdeaa20b2.jpg

More pictures coming soon <3

Wow! Congratulations! I can't wait to see more :)

You should have let the 2 headed fry grow up and see what would happen. A monster. :rofl Then again, the final growth would be painful for the fish.

You should have let the 2 headed fry grow up and see what would happen. A monster. :rofl Then again, the final growth would be painful for the fish.

Mutant fry is still alive, it was removed from the main group in case it does die. I've never seen a two headed goldfish before, and i dont expect this one to live. It seems as though the smalled of the two heads controlls the body, perhaps the other head is formed but not functional. Intersting though =P

I'm excited to see how they all grow, especially your mutant!

I'd love to see a picture of the 2 headed mutant fry.

I can't wait to see how they grow up :)

I've got a camera around here someplace that can take macro shots >_>

You know, you could always come see them..... and take about 20 or so once they're grown XD

I've got a camera around here someplace that can take macro shots >_>

You know, you could always come see them..... and take about 20 or so once they're grown XD

Haha! I need a bigger tank! :rofl

Ohhh I am excited to see them grow! I also want to see what mutant fish looks like.

6NJvg.jpg

This is not a picture of my mutant, however it looks almost exactly like this, only difference is that one head is smaller than the other with mine.

This is so cool to look at! Thank you for sharing!

congrats on the fry! Very interesting two headed one there!

Can't wait to watch them grow. I don't recall anyone else with pearlie fry. I'm sure there has been, just none I remember seeing. I'm excited!

Thanks for the pics and the 2 headed shot is really cool. :)

Amazing, and so exciting!

:Congrats:

A fry with two heads, wow! Awesome, and congrats on all the baby fishies!

450!?!?! God gods almighty!!! That's a crazy amount of babies! How exciting! Can't wait to see them develop.

Awesome! Are you selling any of these fry (if all goes well?) If so SIGN ME UP.

Me too!!!

Very nice! Are you going to keep a log? I find how something so puny can turn into a pretty fish very fascinating, it would be neat to see their growth!

Congratulations!

I personally would probably keep the little mutant alive for now too, as long as he does not seem distressed, and see how he develops. Of course separated from the others to make it easier to keep an eye on him.

And who knows, it may turn out that he is "perfectly fine" aside from the freaky look. That sure would be interesting.

And yes, definitely keep a log on here! I am always interested in seeing stuff like this :)

Very nice! Are you going to keep a log? I find how something so puny can turn into a pretty fish very fascinating, it would be neat to see their growth!

Yes, I plan on keeping a log of their growth, as pointed out by another member I havent seen a pearlscale fry log on this forum before, so i have no idea when the calcified scales or rounding out of the bodies will appear, so i will also be noting those things for other members to use.

It took about half an hour counting from a picture, but there were 469 eggs, four of which were not fertilized and eight of which I have culled due to deformities or early death, not including Mutant, who is still alive. S/he has yet to start climbing which worries me, while all the other fry hatched and have been free swimming all morning. Starting the brine shrimp tonight and feeding tomorrow.

I am really excited to see how they develop! :)

Note: All Michiganders are entitled to 1-20 free pearlscales when they are ready to be rehomed XD

The mutant fry passed on this morning, probably for the best. The other kabillion fry are all free swimming, tomorrow the real work begins.

Do you think my boss would let me take them to work to feed them.....?