Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GreenTea

Baby bubble-eye growth

So I was looking at my babies thinking.. they look chunkier! I took some comparison photos, this is about two weeks of growth? They all came from the same local store and have been going through qt together. No problems whatsoever.

Dino, the orange one, is the best eater. He's almost as big as Sampson now, the black one, who was about 2x his size when I got them! They're in a 30 gallon tank right now.

Sorry my hands look like the pruny crypt keeper.. I'd been working on tanks for a long time when I took these. It's gross lol. Sorry loves.

The biggest changes : bellies and peduncles, and deeper colors.

Enjoy <3

Dino

Before -

IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4722.jpg

After -

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

Kai -

Before -

IMG_4716.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

After -

IMG_4828.jpg

No updates on Sampson the bronze guy because he would not sit still for a photo lol! You can see him in the group shots :)

Sampson before -

IMG_4769.jpg

Sampson with Kai

IMG_4774.jpg

Group photos! Before -

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

Group photos! After (They didn't fit! This was the best I could do lol) Snapped these real quick.

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

Love these little monsters. The diet consists of pro-gold, repashy soilent green, and veggie sheets. Water changes are 50% every other day.

Great job, Niki! These guys/gals are awesome! :)

Thanks Alex. I don't know the sexes yet as they are still so little :3 I am surprised at how robust and active they are after all that I'd heard about bubble eyes. If I'm going to post a bubble eye tank set up/care guide as a resource for others who are interested, where in the forum should I put it, btw?

Thanks Alex. I don't know the sexes yet as they are still so little :3 I am surprised at how robust and active they are after all that I'd heard about bubble eyes. If I'm going to post a bubble eye tank set up/care guide as a resource for others who are interested, where in the forum should I put it, btw?

Submit to Koko.

They have definitely grown! they look terrific! Nice work! :)

They have definitely grown! they look terrific! Nice work! :)

Thanks you! :)

Oh they are so cute!

You don't need so many cute bubble eyes. I'll help you out by taking the black one off your hands, 'kay? :D

wow some nice fat tummies :) your doing a great job with them :)

I found they are really sensitive to water conditions going wrong, but as long as your on top of that you should do just fine ;) which by the looks of them you are ;) way to go and keep the pics coming I am loving them :)

WoW that red one has developed the most hideous metallic sheen! I would be more than happy to relieve you of the burden of owning such an ugly fish. :D

Awww, they look great!!! :D:heart

Thanks for all the good vibes guys and as much as I love you... you'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands! Besides my big girl the orange one is my fave. I love how hes growing!

They are so cute! You are really making me like bubble eyes!

They are so cute! You are really making me like bubble eyes!

I hope you are able to get some! They are super fun.

I didn't realize bubbleyes could be so beautiful--you must be doing a great job with them. :)

i tell you what.. everytime i see photos of these three, i can't help but sport a smile from ear to ear! they are soo beautiful Niki, and you're doing such a great job with them! :heart

thanks for the update :)

Thank you both for the nice words. I think I am being extra careful because I kept hearing how fragile they are but they have tons of energy and appetite and seem in great health. They are extremely friendly and unafraid. I am enjoying them so much and I'm happy to hear others are as well. :)

They're getting so BIIIIIG!! :D More pictures!

I am so happy to hear they are healthy and active! Good luck :)