Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GreenTea

Where did GT's large orandas go?

Here they are! I recently have rehomed my large orandas to a local school that works with autistic and special needs children like I do. Most of the children in this school have severe behavioral issues that don't allow for regular school to work for them.

One amazing science teacher contacted me about fish for his pond - He wanted some big ones. I decided to sell him the large ones at a discounted price and donated just as many. Here is the result. The 300 gallon pond/aquaponics system. The kids get to test the water, feed the fish, and observe the pond in the science classroom as rewards for good behavior. He has done an awesome job at so many things and the smaller fish I gave him are growing fast. He taught them about the nitrogen cycle, clean water, varied diet, etc. It's nice to know that I can visit them still and that they are part of something so wonderful.

Here is a video for anyone who is interested :)

That's pretty darn amazing, Niki!

What is he trying to grow?

That's pretty darn amazing, Niki!

What is he trying to grow?

He said lettuce. He gets to feed the fish oranges and lettuce and other things leftover from the kids salads as well as the gel food he made and some pelleted food. He is a member of this forum but hasn't introduced himself yet and I don't know if he'll become active so I'll let him stay anonymous for now but he is a great guy! I gave him a ranchu from judge and a few other nice fish as well because he is super in love with ranchu and I have some, wanted to spread the love you know? :)

Yes it is awesome, he just set up another pond in the lobby and will be taking my last big oranda, the red and black girl you helped save Alex, for the lobby where she will get lots of love.

That is so neat, and the fish are going to enjoy all that space!

That is so neat, and the fish are going to enjoy all that space!

Yeah :) Even though technically they had enough room for water quality in my 75, it really didn't seem like enough. The 8 inch yellow girl just paced all day and she is the leader of the pack in her new home so I am super happy for them. It was hard to see them go still.

Very cool! I bet the kids are loving it! :D

Aww, I'm happy that they went to a good home. I hope you will get to visit them sometimes. :hug

That's a great setup, and I love how he's doing that with the kids. :heart :heart :heart

Wow! What an amazing teacher! Glad your big guys got to go to a goldfish dream home :)

That is way cool!!! Thanks for sharing :)

very awesome hun! nice happy story for your rehomed fish :) love it!

Right on! Those kids must be in heaven. :)

That is awesome.. Great job hun, in helping kids learn :thumb:

Amazing :) I hope more people follow his lead.

Thanks all. I hope he comes out of the woodwork to participate in the forums. He has big plans for ranchu ponds/growing aquatic vegetables that I hope he is able to complete and share.

that's awesome! :)

that's awesome! :)

I hadn't planned on giving them away, but they were all so big and crowded in my 75. When he asked and told me about the pond and everything I was just like... yeah, this is perfect for them. I'll be seeing him tomorrow.

He has koi in there too? Is that amount of water big enough for koi? I thought they needed more space.