Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StarSapphire22

Possible new fish?

Pics as soon as you pop the seals on the box! :D

Sully is an RG fish, and Bowser was too. :) I know his fish are bigger. In body, he's about the same as Sully and only about a quarter of an inch longer than Sammi, and about half an inch bigger than Batman. He'll be my biggest for sure, but he's in the same size range in body. His tail is crazy long, and he's very tall and wide looking so I think he'll be bigger that way, but I don't think it will be a huge difference. It's hard to tell with numbers and pictures though...we'll have to see when he gets here. :)

Well I can tell ya a fish like that will easliy get to Charlies size if you give them enough space :thumb:

I'll do a hand picture when he gets here. I think I might start keeping a growth chart of da fishies. :)

I just realized that I have a trip to the twin cities (well more accurately Willmar and St. Cloud) on Friday, when Claptrap is going to get here. If I have Steve ship to Willmar, and I don't leave him in the car or anything so he'll stay warm and stuff, will it be a huge deal if I don't take him out until midnight-ish, when we will get back to Fargo?

He's probably OK, although I would move the shipping to another date if I were you. The less time in the bag, the better.

Don't forget that it's already a 2 day trip for the Trapclap.

I tried seeing if he could ship Thursday instead of tomorrow, but that was a no-can-do. Steve said he didn't recommend doing next week because of xmas rush, and I am out of town the week after that. :idont

Edit: And his name is Claptrap. :rofl

Edited by StarSapphire22

Well, is your BF going to be home to receive Clapatrap? If not, then him sitting out for a little bit extra is likely fine. Steve does a great job at packing them, I understand. I mean, Jennie recently had her fish go through 5 days with USPS, and they came out alright :)

Thursday is bad for live shipments because if there is a delay it can sit on a loading dock in the weather on Sunday. Week before Christmas is major delays.

I don't like USPS for live because inevitably some shipments get lost or delayed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I don't like USPS for anything. :rofl

Well, is your BF going to be home to receive Clapatrap? If not, then him sitting out for a little bit extra is likely fine. Steve does a great job at packing them, I understand. I mean, Jennie recently had her fish go through 5 days with USPS, and they came out alright :)

No he is driving me, since I don't drive. I'll make sure I bring him inside everywhere, so he doesn't get cold.

Thursday is bad for live shipments because if there is a delay it can sit on a loading dock in the weather on Sunday. Week before Christmas is major delays.

I don't like USPS for live because inevitably some shipments get lost or delayed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Very true Chris. Claptrap is being shipped via fedex, so hopefully, no delays!

I'm sure Snaptrap will be fine. :)

Molly and I got fish the week before Christmas last year, and everything was fine. They came from Tommy, and he's in Texas I think.

Ok, so I emailed Steve, I'm going to have him sent to one of our stops (my mom, lol) who said she'll accept the package. :)

Is there anything I should or shouldn't do as far as transporting him? Should I open or not open the box? Should I put him in a different container or anything? I could maybe get a small rubbermaid bin and bring some prime and keep him in there for the car ride/stops if we think that would be better.

Don't open the box until you get home.

WEEE Yay. Steve is going to send it to my mommas, and then we'll bring him on home. :)

:rofl. Alex, how many versions of her fish's name can you come up with? LOL

I had a great experience with Steve from Rain Garden Goldfish, I will always recommend him. On my request he delayed a shipment for two weeks. He fasts all goldfish to be shipped. Mine came overnight with 0 Ammonia and 0 poop in the bags and almost jumped out of the bag. I kept them in quarantine, but they were in excellent health and shape when they arrived.

And yes, you WILL be surprised by size!

Ok. Claptrap is coming home tomorrow. I also have a couple nerite snails coming in tomorrow too, hopefully. Can they be qt'd together?

Also, question...we've just found out today that Taylor's (my fiancee) great-grandfather (a very VERY special person to Taylor) may only have a month or two left to live. He's 94 and still kicking and living on his own, and still so THERE mentally, but his body is just shutting down...about 5 years ago he stopped naturally producing blood and has to get transfusions multiple times a week, and unfortunately it's no longer helping like it used to. We may be doing a multiple day trip to Kentucky, since this is going to be his last Christmas with us, most likely. Origininally, we were going to be here for the holidays, except for one 2 day trip and I didn't think it would really affect my qt-ing, so it didn't matter really. Now we may be gone 3-7 days. What should my plan be for this? The qt tank is an uncycled set-up with bubble wand that I usually do daily 100% changes on when it's running. I can't leave him in 3-7 day old, unchanged water. Will I have to move him early if we are able to go to Kentucky?

Ok. Claptrap is coming home tomorrow. I also have a couple nerite snails coming in tomorrow too, hopefully. Can they be qt'd together?

This is not a good idea, because then if the fish gets sick, you have not a single reason to say that it came to you sick. Nerites do not need large spaces for QT, and doesn't really need treatment, whereas your fish does. The two are not really compatible with each other in QT.

Also, question...we've just found out today that Taylor's (my fiancee) great-grandfather (a very VERY special person to Taylor) may only have a month or two left to live. He's 94 and still kicking and living on his own, and still so THERE mentally, but his body is just shutting down...about 5 years ago he stopped naturally producing blood and has to get transfusions multiple times a week, and unfortunately it's no longer helping like it used to. We may be doing a multiple day trip to Kentucky, since this is going to be his last Christmas with us, most likely. Origininally, we were going to be here for the holidays, except for one 2 day trip and I didn't think it would really affect my qt-ing, so it didn't matter really. Now we may be gone 3-7 days. What should my plan be for this? The qt tank is an uncycled set-up with bubble wand that I usually do daily 100% changes on when it's running. I can't leave him in 3-7 day old, unchanged water. Will I have to move him early if we are able to go to Kentucky?

I'm so sorry :(

Moving him early presents all kinds of risks, especially because it looks like you will be QTing alone for less than 2 weeks before having to leave. I mean, if you have to do it, you have to do it, but it's not ideal.

This is not a good idea, because then if the fish gets sick, you have not a single reason to say that it came to you sick. Nerites do not need large spaces for QT, and doesn't really need treatment, whereas your fish does. The two are not really compatible with each other in QT.

What kind of space is ok for them? If I go out and get a pail, will that work? Do they need a bubbler or anything?

I'm so sorry :(

Moving him early presents all kinds of risks, especially because it looks like you will be QTing alone for less than 2 weeks before having to leave. I mean, if you have to do it, you have to do it, but it's not ideal.

Thanks Alex. :hug PawPaw has been such a trooper. It's very sad to see him going so suddenly. :no:

I'm not sure whether or not he'll have to be moved early yet. It all depends on whether or not we can get flights/figure out driving and what Taylor's work will give him off...he may even end up going without me. What's the maximum we could be gone without transferring him early? It's not ideal for him to be in unchanged water for a couple days, but I feel like transferring early would be even less ideal. :idont

Edited by StarSapphire22

I've QT my snails in a 5 gallon tub (with bubbler) with complete water changes daily. It worked out fine, and you really only need to do this for 2 weeks.

As for Clapsnap's disposition, I agree that it's better to have him/her in a cycled tank, if you are going to be gone for longer than 1 day.

Ok. Thanks Alex. :hug I just really needed to know what our options are right now with all the schedule rearranging going on. I guess you really can't plan for everything. :no:

Where did you get the name Claptrap?

Claptrap is this robot from the video game series Borderlands. He's a funny little yellow dude. :)

800px-Claptrap.jpg

ClapTrap-Dance.gif

Edited by StarSapphire22