Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
StarSapphire22

Possible new fish?

137 posts in this topic

You've been teasing us with this Atlantean video! :rofl

It was literally at like 90% last night, then it said it failed. I figured it was my internet being all dumb and taken up by other stuff. Tried again this morning, and it got to like 50%. Now it hasn't moved off 2% in like half an hour. :o

Canceled the upload and tried again, now I'm at 12% in like 2 minutes. I don't understand. :o

Use photobucket! :)

I agree, always QT. Especially if you are paying that kind of money for a fish :)

YAY!!!! Taylor said I can definitely get him, and I am emailing Steve now to let him know. Edi is being moved back to the main tank today, so I think I can just have him ship it whenever he does his next shipment. That'll give me plenty of time to sanitize my qt and have it ready for him when he gets here.

His name is Claptrap. :)

It's prazipro that is recommended a salt concentration of 0.1%. When you double dose your prazipro for the first few rounds, you can salt up to 0.3% :)

Yay! New fish. Exciting.

Any word from Steve?

It's prazipro that is recommended a salt concentration of 0.1%. When you double dose your prazipro for the first few rounds, you can salt up to 0.3% :)

I'm using prazipro. What should my schedule be?

Lisa, I'm super excited! No response yet. :)

Double dose your first 2 rounds of prazi and salt at 0.3%. Nix the salt after 2 wks and go to the regular dosing. Start a QT thread in case someone finds something off. The sooner it's found, the sooner it can be treated :)

I'll write the schedule for a complete QT with cycled and uncycled tanks by Sunday!

I'll write the schedule for a complete QT with cycled and uncycled tanks by Sunday!

What am I winning if you don't get it done by sunday? :P

Nothing ever happened, because you've been lucky. I can tell you this. Everyone who has skipped QT, including me, has paid the price at one point. Sometimes, it's not even the new fish that ends up dead. Remember that all fish carry with them a sample of their environment, and some of this sampling may be pathogens that they've built immunity to, while the fish that you already have may not. So, when you add the fish to the tank without QT, you run the risk of harming not just your new fish, but the others as well. Having said that, sometimes it takes dealing a catastrophe to be convinced. So, it's up to you, and I wish you luck.

I skipped it once and will NEVER skip it again. It was in my pre-Koko's days. My new fish ended up having chilodonella (a parasite) and while the new fish seemed fine, it really really adversely affected my fantail. He was never the same, even after 8 months of intensive treatment. Don't skip it. Please.

We got all of our fish on different days (july and aug) and did not qt them either. I did not know about this until I came on koko's and from stuff I read on youtube. I've been lucky my fish did not and has not been sick. But boy, If I were to get a new fish I would def. qt the new guy from my fish I have now. I wouldn't want to take a chance for the "oldies" to get sick. I'd be really upset with myself because I could have prevented it. (It does seem like a ton of dedication and work to qt fish for whatever reason. Qudo's to all of you.) I know one day I will be doing this also for whatever reason.

Congrats on getting a new fish. I saw the post of him. A real beauty. Hope QT goes smoothly for you.

Thanks! :)

Just sent the payment to Steve....He should be here Friday!!! :)

Congrats!

Lots of pictures upon arrival, alright? That is one gorgeous fish!

Will do!!! This is one of my DREAM fish. I've wanted a yellow ever since I started goldie-keeping seriously and got them into the 75 gallon. I AM SO EXCITED! :D He's really big though, I'm a little worried. :unsure:

That was my second choice fish :teehee

Oh and by the way that fish is about as big as Charlie :o:yikes

Claptrap is only 3.2 inches long, koko. Charlie's like the loch ness monster. :rofl

I am very glad you didn't take him! I have been hardcore stalking him for the last two months until we could afford to get him. :o

We are talking about 8883 right...if so On his site with tail it says...."6.7" total" this is why I said in a since almost... charlie is bigger yes but only by a few with tail.... Just saying hun... your going to be shocked at how big Steves fish are... Sunkist is almost the size of Charlie now :o

We are talking about 8883 right...if so On his site with tail it says...."6.7" total" this is why I said in a since almost... charlie is bigger yes but only by a few with tail.... Just saying hun... your going to be shocked at how big Steves fish are... Sunkist is almost the size of Charlie now :o

I agree. Mine were a total (head to tail) of around 4.0-5.0 inches when i bought them, and they were a lot bigger than I imagined in my mind... I was honestly quite shocked, but these were my first goldies over an inch ;)

Sully is an RG fish, and Bowser was too. :) I know his fish are bigger. In body, he's about the same as Sully and only about a quarter of an inch longer than Sammi, and about half an inch bigger than Batman. He'll be my biggest for sure, but he's in the same size range in body. His tail is crazy long, and he's very tall and wide looking so I think he'll be bigger that way, but I don't think it will be a huge difference. It's hard to tell with numbers and pictures though...we'll have to see when he gets here. :)